Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Fuel Pressure to Rochester 2G carb?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbspeed, Jun 29, 2018.

1. What is the range needed for these carbs? Thanks

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

An OEM Chevy mechanical pumps is roughly 5-7psi. Many GM cars with OEM mechanical fuel pumps used 2GCs including tri-powered Chevy 'W' engines, Pontiac 389 and 421s. I gather that there would be variations to the carbs dependent on engine it was bolted to. Dickster or CarbKing would know for sure.

3. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am running a 2GV on my '51 Ford with a '51 Mercury engine. It runs fine with the 2 1/2-3 lbs supplied by the stock Ford fuel pump.

4. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I'm running 5psi and it seems OK.

5. More complete chassis pics 001.JPG Thanks, I bought a Holley Fuel pressure regulator that runs from 1-4 lbs. so I'm guessing I should be ok. I have a electric SW fuel pump that I'm using and had no idea what it would put out. I'm using this pump. Any ideas on it? Motor is 371 Olds with tri-power

Tim likes this.
  6. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

7. I run 3 pounds on the tri power in my truck. I'll 2nd that is a cool looking pump.

8. It's NOS so I'm hoping it is going to last a while. I'll be looking for a second one to carry in my tool box.

9. Looks like a bellows type pump.....I had one like it(sw brand also) on my F-1 PU. Ethanol gas turned all of the rubber inside to goo. If you can run real gas it might live....

10. Darkharts

Darkharts
    from Corona

Stay lower than 5- my j-2 did fine at 5 since that’s as low as the bypass regulator I had would go until the front carb float stuck and poured fuel everywhere until it caught fire and made for a fun morning. I had to add a mr gasket regulator to get down to 3 and stop the front carb fuel fountain. So it worked until it didn’t- seeing fire through the firewall sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.