Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fuel Lines

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EnglishBob, May 26, 2011.

1. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

What do you use for fuel lines?
    I have a fuel cell with AN8 fittings and have to run a complete line right to carb.
    Steel,braided,rubber? which one is mostly used and if it's hard lines where can i get the fittings and adaptors from AN8 to hard line.
    Thanks

2. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Hi Bob
    aircraftspruce.com. Great catalog. Reasonable prices. There are othere suppliers, like Earl's. Speedway also has a decent assortment. All are illustrated. This helps slecting components. By the way, AN fittings are all 37 degree, not 45. I have always used staniless steel covered hose, but it's not totally necessary. Just be sure to use aircraft quality or equal.

3. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

Aircraft Spruce is good for supplies. Personally I like the braided lines with the AN fittings and you can get those anywhere. Speedway, Jegs, Summit, etc....

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I use steel line and rubber line all the way up the the fuel block. Then from there I am using reenforced clear red line.

5. I usually always use steel line and try to avoid rubber whenever possible.
    For fittings any local speed shop should have them. I usually get them at Mopac or Greggs Distributors.