Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fuel Line Adapter Fittings

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unkledaddy, May 25, 2012.

1. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

2. phat rat

phat rat

3. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Not here. I've been online for over a week looking for them, and that was after looking at fittings/adapters in all the local hardware and auto parts stores.

4. larryj

larryj
    from Madison AL

I found them locally at a shop that does commercial hydraulic and pneumatic systems installations.

5. phat rat

phat rat

Well I guess I must be lucky then. But then again they even carry stainless nut's, bolts, washers, screw, S hooks etc. as they have a large boating clientele

6. barney rubble

barney rubble

We have them at our parts store. But we are a independant store not one of the large chain stores.

7. phat rat

phat rat

It just shows how things can vary from one area to another. My NAPA couldn't help but the hardware store could.

8. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

A good Napa will have them, but those are few & far between anymore. Online places like these are a good place to stock up. Order a bunch, and keep them handy. Nothing like a little $1 hardware fitting holding up your weekend project.

9. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Just to clarify................I found a few locally but not the sizes I needed.

10. n847

n847

"GOOD" NAPA is the key word...My local NAPA is OK when I worked there the manager was the best, he always had everything, not so much now, but a couple other NAPA's localy still carry em! But there's still a couple hydraulic places that have everything you need!

11. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

You need a better Napa store. It's not unusual for a local store to not have an unusual fitting in stock but they should be able to order them for you. If they refuse to get them for you then withhold any future parts purchases of in stock items. I don't expect to go to Napa and have a fuel pump for a 55 Chevy in stock. I do expect that they will look for one for me if I'm a good customer. People that build hotrods are good customers. Maybe a PITA sometimes but a repeat customer is a good customer. I bet that the corporate office would be upset if they knew that only in-sock items are sold and non-stocked items are sent away to other stores that give a shit. It's called customer service. I get to know my parts guys. They know me because I'm constantly buying something.

12. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

My local parts store didn't have the fittings I needed, nor did they have a catalog I could look at to order them.

I'm using one of the fuel lines (pictured) with a pressure gauge, a 3/8 MNPT X 3/8 FIF Seat and 3/8" steel brake line to a 3/8 FIF Seat X 1/4 MNPT that screws into the fuel pump.

I prefer the simple retro look as opposed to the higher tech AN stuff.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  13. phat rat

phat rat

I worded it wrong when I said my NAPA couldn't help. They probably could have ordered it but I wanted it that day and they knew it therefore I went to the hardware store. I never have any trouble with the guys there I've been dealing with them for 20 years. Many times I have the part number of what I want. At the least I tell them the application the parts book will show for the needed part

14. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

I found mine at pepboys, just bring your old stuff you you can test the fit.

I have 5/16

15. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Hey, I think we can all use another source. Thanks for posting. I have had good luck at a local truck brake store as well.

16. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

I do that to. If they don't cost much I pick up one or two extras. I have a small four drawer bin full of fittings. My son will be in good shape brass wise when I KICK IT!

17. phat rat

phat rat

A couple of my small parts storage

Attached Files: