Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fuel filter help.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mac762, Aug 24, 2008.

1. mac762

mac762

I'm putting together an all steel line from my fuel pump to the carb. I was wondering if anyone had a part number for a steel fuel filter that takes 3/8 NPT inverted flare fittings on both ends.
    Thanks in advance. Josh.

PS I just spent quite a while opening just about every box on the shelf at the auto parts store. Pretty nice of them to let me back there.

2. Quick thought: if the whole is going to be steel line, how would you easily change filters without the 'give' of a rubber connection??

Now, as to the answer; I know that BMW, Volvo, and Mercedes use filters that bolt on to the line with banjo fittings, and some can be accessed easily under the hood. You will be better served by looking at FI system filters, the pressures involved necessitate better sealing than a clamp on a rubber hose.
    Cosmo

3. Sachse Rod shop has one that's OE on gas burner meduim duty GM's. SRS 7000
    It has a cast aluminum base, screw on cover, with a replacable paper filter inside. It's not designed to be pressurized, draw through only. The filter should be common if your parts store has some meduim duty fleet customers. It uses 3/8 inverted flare hookups.
    I'm using on one my project, but no pictures postable yet. Contact Sachse tomorrow. 972-495-1557. They're in Texas not far from Dallas.

4. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

You are comparing apples to horse apples here. NPT is taper PIPE thread, 3/8s inverted flare is actually 5/8X18 . The two are different!! But anyway just looked through my WIX catalog and there are no inline filters with female 3/8s inverted both ends. A part # 33093 has one end 3/8s female invert and the other end is a male 3/8s tube for a hose. And that is it!

5. With due respect, I know what I had in my hands and flared the tubing to fit. I've picked many a bushel of apples, not horse talk on my part.
    JohnEvans is a hands on experienced person. If he gives an answer, most likely he's correct.

6. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I like to use the AC Delco fuel filter ... like this one. 3/8ths line in and out. Bracket bolts to the frame or wherever you want.

I use the GF62 GC.

[​IMG]

Tman ... here on the HAMB says that the GF62 GC has been discontinued :( but after he told me that ... I went to my AC Delco place and he had two in stock so I bought those two. Just in case ... and 6 filters to go inside. :D:D I did not ask if they were discontinued ... ( did not want the price to go up ) but Tman is most likely right. Your AC Delco dealer may have some in stock also. They were great sellers. Plus, I see them on eBay from time to time and they also made the 62 in different series. Like the GF62P ... same item but the in/out is reversed ...

7. Exact same part as I described without pics. Thank you sir!

8. drdoom

drdoom
    from new jersey

could try ac delco gf 90 as used on 63 to 65 corvettes the stock brackets are also available ,from ecklers corvette ,

9. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:D :D

I figured that was it ... real popular filter. I hope it has not been discontinued ... but I now have a pair of spares and at 60 years old ... I most likely will not need two more new ones ... But then ... you never know :rolleyes: