Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Front spring for 33 34 fords.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cody1958, Jan 28, 2015.

1. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

Looking in speedway motors at the posies springs. I'm interested to know what the difference is in a 31 " and a 29" spring. Obviously 2" inches but what will the longer one do that the short one won't do. They both state they have the same drop but are different lengths. Some help would be great before I spend the money. I do have a 4 inch dropped axle. Also I plan on running fenders. Its for my 34/ford truck. Thanks for any info

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. roundvalley

roundvalley

What is the spring perch width on the axle?

3. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

Says 36.5

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

In general a longer spring will provide a better ride if set up properly….but not always. Your perch pin centers will determine which spring you need to be set up properly.

5. After market axles are narrower than originals. The after markets will need the shorter spring.

Where should be an explanation or tech on there that shows how to measure what you have and then order what you want.

6. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

Ok i gotcha. I have a stock axle but has been dropped. So i need the longer one cause of my stock perch pin locations. I did do a search but it didn't really find exactly what i was looking for so i just asked the question. Being lazy and was multitasking last night. Thanks for help guys!!!!

7. Actually, Posies makes a 31-1/2" spring for use with a stock Ford axle, either a 1001 or a 1101L. The 31" springs are for 48" aftermarket axles which have narrower perch centers than a stock axle.

8. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

this should help
    how_to.JPG