Register now to get rid of these ads!

Front shock applications. What works?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 67Imp.Wagon, Sep 16, 2005.

1. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

Alot of guys I talk to just use the the Pete and Jakes.

What are some other applications that have been used for the front of your A coups and sedans.

I just thought It would be easier if I could pick somthing up at a local parts store rather than mail order.

2. Snomoblie shocks were used in the 70s. I actually used cycle shocks on the BACk of my T.

Attached Files:

3. burger

burger

Monroe has a really good website. There is one PDF files that helps you identify which style mounting ends you need and another with the compressed length and travel for each part number.

I ended up using the 55003 Gas Magnum Truck/RV Shocks on the back of my '54 truck and have been satisfied so far.

If you put "monroe" in the search engine here, you'll bring up some good threads on how to size your shocks.

Hope this helps,
    Ed

4. DrJ

DrJ

Look here for Monroe.
    And if you don't want to use Monroe, look up their shock that fits and go to your "real" parts store and look up a cross reference for the brand of your preference.

5. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

The problem with using today's gas shocks on a car as light as an A or T is they'll give you too stiff a ride. I'd recommend dropping the dimes for the P&J ones. The length is easy to work with. The other option is to go with ProShocks from Speedway. They're available in, I think, three different lengths. Good luck, dug

6. Brakes come before shocks. Stop putting it off. :(

7. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

Trying to get the shocks and headlight layout worked around my radiator an grill shell mounting.

Trying to keep it from looking to busy in that area.
    I'm already in progress on the alternator mounting.

Got keep thinking ahead so I only have to redo half of the car instead of the whole thing. :confused: