Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Front Panhard Rod for Model T Modified

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blackjack, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Made this today out of a Citroen 2CV track rod and steering arm;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  2. Panhard rod now all welded up. Fitted on the other side so that it matches the rear panhard bar and fixed to the chassis on the same side as the steering box.

[​IMG]

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

Nice! I'm not sure if you're really going to need it on such a light car but it couldn't hurt. It's very good work. I personally would like to see pics of the whole project. thanks.

5. Thanks for the positive comments. The car is light but the engine is a 347 Pontiac. I set out some pictures of the project at various stages - it is a long term project because of 6 house moves, changes of jobs, setting up businesses and the birth of two daughters intervened. Sometimes I had the money and not the time and vice versa. Making good progress now though;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Looks great! Lots of interesting ideas in this one! :D

7. Body awaiting blasting. I have converted the clutch to cable and the bracket on the right of the firewall is a clutch cable housing off the firewall of a Citroen 2CV. I've used quite a few 2CV parts and some aircraft parts - the fuel filter pictured earlier is from a Huey, the seats are from a DC3, the coolant recovery tank is from a Huey, the fuel gauge is from a Vietnam-era Cessna Bird Dog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  8. Had the front end parts vapour blasted and then nickel plated - all works as planned;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]