Register now to get rid of these ads!

Front Panhard Bar??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by beater32, Dec 18, 2009.

1. beater32

beater32

Picked up a pair of So-Cal Batwings with the Panhard Bar mount cast into them.Only thing i've realised is being a RHD build they'll be the wrong side.Everything i've read says to mount the Panhard bar on the the chassis the same side as the steering box.Should i try anyway,or cut of the mount and use a dead perch (yuk)??

2. bobscogin

bobscogin

Assuming we're talking cross steering, mounting panhard on the steering box side makes sense. Otherwise, you'd have divergent arcs between the axle and drag link. Can't you make a bracket that could attach via the two existing bolts for the radius rods/4 bar?

Bob

3. beater32

beater32

I should've said that it's for cross steer.Yep,a braket of the othe batwing is an option as well.Just a shame to cut up new parts...Shit happens though!

4. On my front pan bar for our roadster we used a Speedway bracket on the left frame rail and ran the bar paralell with the axel/tie rod. Welded a bolt to the back of the axle where it sets approximately under the right hand frame rail. We are using a Vega cross steer set up and so far, so good.