Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Front Leaf springs for a 1955 F-100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by budssuperpro, Oct 11, 2013.

1. budssuperpro

budssuperpro

Anybody ever build a set of Front leaf springs for a 53 to 56 f-100 ? if so out what year and model was the doner vehicles you used ?

2. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

just wondering, why not just get a good used set. I re-arched my 56 F100 leafs and broke the rear main one with the bushing eye. I went to a spring shop to have one made and they said they could not make it like it should be done, they got rid of the machine that did it years ago and that most shops did the same. they then said they could heat and bend in eyes but it would be a safety concern because the metal was weakened, it was my call. I did a search and just bought a used set

3. bt34

bt34

I used a new mono spring set in my 56 F1..lowered it 3" or so
    but I would not use them again as the ride was a lot harsher.
    Pick up a good used set and get them retempered if need be.

4. Your talking 2 different things here. If your going to "Build" a spring you start with raw material. If you start with a spring out of something else your "Modifying" an existing spring. Noting else out there will bolt in directly. If you want a new stock style spring call Oregon Spring at 503-234-9611. They will still build a new spring as O.E. They will also de arch and reverse eyes. I've bought countless springs from them and had many modifyed there. It's a grate Old Company still doing it right. I will also tell you that for custom springs it's cheaper to buy a New Mono spring if your doing just a drop I beam job.
    The Wizzard

5. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Any good spring shop can make you a new set for $200 or less. If the old springs are intact they can be rearched and new sliders fitted for less than that.