Register now to get rid of these ads!

Front end questions?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by usedall9, Dec 28, 2006.

1. usedall9

usedall9

Okay, so I brought home my new 61' F100 unibody today.....I conquered the steering box problem..Now it pulls real hard to the Right after going over a bomp in the road...Where should I start the process of elimination? This is my first I-beam-solid axle type front suspension....It is mounted on leafs....Ant suggestions would be awsome:confused:

2. squirrel

squirrel

jack it up by the front axle, put stands under the frame, then let the front axle back down almost all the way...watch the spring bushings and shackles at the ends of the leaf springs as you take the last bit of weight off the jack, see if they move around. also when the axle is just supported by the jack, see if you can pry the springs foward and back. this kind of movement will cause serious bump steer like you describe, the fix is to replace the bushings and pins and shackles.

also check the king pins....and the U bolts at the spring/axle for being tight...