Register now to get rid of these ads!

Front end question.... PLEASE HELP???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HeX, Oct 16, 2003.

1. HeX

HeX

Man I need some help…

I have a ’63 Chevy step-side pick-up… Let me tell you what I want and PLEASE tell me what to do…

I WANT TO HAVE A SMOOTHER, EASIER AND LOWER RIDE…

My truck sits about 6” too high in the front… maybe 2” in the back…

Also, it handles ,….. well like a ’63 truck…

I want to lower it and convert it over to power disc brakes and power steering…

What is the best way???

I know I can get conversion kits to convert over to power steering and power brakes… BUT I know it will be almost as expensive as getting a new front end…

Do I need to get air-bags for the front?

Should I get a new front end?

Should I use a conversion kit to switch over to power brakes and power steering?

What can I do to stabilize the ride a little?

ANYONE…… Please help

Thanks,

Tim

2. I believe the upper and lower control arms/spindles and brakes from a [5bolt on 5"] 1973-87 1/2 ton are a bolt on to your crossmember/ air bags would do the lowering if you like them......in the rear a 69-72 pickup rear should bolt in fixing the 6 bolt to 5 bolt problem- use a 2" block in between rear and control arm pads [modified longer U bolts] shouldnt be too hard to bolt up a power box also........

3. 40Tudor

40Tudor

A front sway bar will make a heck of a difference, too. I don't know if they were offered for your truck, but they did have them on the later trucks (67-up) and I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to adapt.

4. Justin B

Justin B

a friends got a 64 he bolted up mid 70's van spindles and they actually lowered the front just from the change in the spindle as well as getting disks. i'll give him a call tommarow at work and see if he has more details.oh yeah think the whole swap only costed him about $125 worth of junk yard parts with new pads and turning the rotors

5. A suspension company called PST has all the goodies you need, including sway bars. I don't have the #