Register now to get rid of these ads!

front brakes

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by duecesteve, Nov 3, 2010.

1. duecesteve

duecesteve

I,m on the fence do i rip out my 40 ford drum front brakes and use speedway?I am from cape cod been into cars all my life 49 years this is finally my first rod 32 ford pu storage find i just wait to drive it its scarry to stop though!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  2. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Know what I think you should do ???????????? Well if you ask this question where it belongs I'll tell you.

As for this forum, its for introductions. That which you have failed to do.

3. I have 39 Ford Drums on the front of my Stude,57 Olds on the back.I run 120+ in the quarter and can get stopped...or at least slowed down enough to make the first turn off at the track...in other words...if it aint broke,don't fix it...but really my old drum brakes do ok,they aint disc,but they stop a 10 second Stude...my 2 cents worth...R~R

4. duecesteve

duecesteve

sorry i'm new at this

5. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Welcome, ya rip those things off there and send that junk to me. I'll pay for the shipping.

6. duecesteve

duecesteve

I would kinda like to keep it the way it was built.It's got alotta cool

7. So is this your introduction?

8. duecesteve

duecesteve

yea I'm bringing the truck to my dad's shop later this week after my new whl. cyls. show up from speedway. He's 82 got 2 sweet model a's one has 39 juice brakes and he has the old drill and rivit press to reline the shoes .There is nothin' as cool as functioning old tools! his lathe is an atlas from the 40's.steve

9. I'd have never guessed..............

10. duecesteve

duecesteve

But ya did...........

11. 21 posts and still no intro.......I guess you didnt read the "sticky" at the top of this page...