Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage From the March Meet - a Henry J 'baker

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bchctybob, Mar 6, 2018.

1. bchctybob

bchctybob

In spite of the weather warnings I just had to get my nitro fix so I spent the weekend at the March Meet in Bakersfield. Due to the rain, the crowds and car counts were understandably low with virtually no show/street cars in the "Grove". I got my traditional chorizo and egg burrito and coffee and started walking around.
    In the swap meet, I found (IMHO) the most interesting car in attendance (outside of the nitro racers, of course), a long ago abandoned Henry J project with, of all things, a Studebaker engine nicely installed. An all-orphan engine swap. It looked like a simple case of re-powering the car not a racer. It seemed to be a decent old car from the early '50s. No one was around to answer questions when I was there and I didn't crawl all over it taking pictures. I think he was asking 5k.
    Just thought some HAMBERs would appreciate it for the cool old project that it is.
    P.S. I also scored a nice, unmolested, early Edelbrock C26 SBC dual 4 bbl manifold for cheap to add to my collection.
    IMG_0798.JPG IMG_0799.JPG

BLB, catdad49 and olscrounger like this.
  2. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

That would be a interesting ride.

3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Hell yeh, those Bako breakfast burritos at the track are the best.
    I drive down from Portland for that and while I'm there I take in the CHRR.:rolleyes:

bchctybob likes this.