Register now to get rid of these ads!

From St Paul,MN

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by ssgkennedy, Feb 14, 2009.

1. ssgkennedy

ssgkennedy

I have no spectacular qualifications. Just another new guy. Reading and getting ideas from some of the old timers. Poked around here and on some other forums for a couple years now looking for information on the things I have to do to make the old Plymouth roadworthy.

Worked in electronics assembly, radio communications some other dead ender jobs. Been in the Army Reserves for two trips to the box. Over the past 4 years I have bought and mostly rebuilt my first house, it's still not worth what I paid for it. Oh well at least im not upside down even though I bought at the peak. I have a 20 month old daughter, who also distracts me from the truck. More important. But I've made a promise to myself to get something done on it this year, I need the garage time to relieve stress.

The "ride" is a '39 Plymouth pickup. Got a donor '41 Dodge. I've gotten my hands on just about all the sheet metal, and thanks to Jhnarial's post I've gotten a stump and a little motivation to get out the garage and beat some shapes into the scrap I have laying around. Been kicking around ideas of a leaning tower of power for it, otherwise probably a late model GM truck motor, mucking around with wiring and electronics runs in the family. Might get some quality beer time in the garage with my father that way. I'd run the flathead but both of them that I have are shot.

Here's a picture of my trucks waiting for me behind the garage a couple years ago. The Plymouth is taken apart now, the S10 is falling apart now.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks,
    Kennedy

2. Welcome to the club nieghbor(kinda) Hang in there you'll get it. I went through all kinds of crap trying to get an GT350 restored over a 20 year period. Made it and it was fantastic.
    The truck looks like it could be pretty unique.

3. sick50ford

sick50ford
    from nor cal

welcome from sunny california

4. theladylux

theladylux

Welcome from Minni!