Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Frog Follies anyone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sheltonfab, Jul 26, 2011.

1. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Sorry to say,I had to cancel out#$%^&&^%$$#@@$%:mad:----Maybe next year

2. paintcan54

paintcan54

This is my frist year also at the follies, I have not seen any word on a get together might be to early?

3. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

It's a tradition for our group. About 10 of us leaving Friday morning. Some have been going over 25 years. This is our 8th with a car. Great setting, great people, great cars - everything you could want in an event.

4. Will be my first time to head down there. Planning on driving the '37, unless someone buys it this week, after seeing it at the Springfield, MO swap meet. Otherwise, I'll be taggin' along in dad's 34.

5. Broken leg... I'm out. I have been going with Hotrod33 for years... best bang for the buck. A lot of nice folks, great rides, tons of vendors and a good swapmeet! I will be there next year, unless I break another leg!

6. Retro61

Retro61

How 'bout we have a HAMB gathering at Noon on Saturday, in the Air-Conditioned building where they have Registration at the top of the hill? Sound ok?

7. Labold

Labold

Hell I'm so excited I may even wash mine.

8. Gator

Gator

Haha same here - I usually just clean the windshield and fill the gas tank. :D

9. Pete Peterson

Pete Peterson

I was one of 42 cars at the rod run the 1st year. It was not yet the Frog Follies. I've been at every one and I'll be there this year also. Look for the "gangster" 32 sedan and the Peterson Gang. Enjoy Pete

10. paintcan54

paintcan54

Anyone coming from the east, and plan on taking I 70 west DON"T!!! There is road construction from exit 66 to exit 23 that is almost 50 miles of road work, and one lane travle. The back ups are 10 miles long at some spots, adding as much as 2 hours to your travel time!!! Best way right now is to go up to Hiway US 40 and run it west, it's a 4 lane divided hiway most of the way to Terre Haute. Then you can get 41 south. You can take some other roads south of I 70, but you better have a road map, as they wind and change a lot going south through all the small towns!! We will be running Old Hiway 40 on friday morning, be safe everybody and hope this helps. "The road construction is on the west side of Indianapolis, Indiana on I 70, sorry I thought I had it in on the frist post.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  11. paintcan54

paintcan54

Sounds ok here. I see you live in "Henderson" how is the rooms there" we are staying at the "Super 8 on 41".

12. Hi-Flying

Hi-Flying

5 days to fun time,I'm gettin jumpy. Gathering sounds good to me. Ron

13. HotRod33

HotRod33

Glad to see I am not the only one who doesn't like to wash their ride.........

14. studenut48

studenut48
    from Hanson, Ky

I've been going ever since I was a kid and haven't missed yet. Been going non-stop since mid 70's. One of these years I will actually take a car again!

15. Labold

Labold

Photos of the first get-together would be cool to see.

16. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Is the construction east or west of Columbus?

17. RichardL

RichardL

Planning to be there Friday morning. ;)

18. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Canceled because couldn't get anyone to go with me
    Changed my mind today and I will be there JUST ME AND MY ROADSTER!!!!:D

19. We are leaving Wendsday at about noon, stopping off to see Voddoo Lary on the way down, if anyone is interested in the 32 roadster I have for sale it will be in my trailer as well as a 30 A coupe body I am delivering there...Hope to see you all there!!!!!

20. WDO40

WDO40

I would like to but cant

21. choprodz

choprodz

This will be my 8th year. Its the most down to earth, laid back, easy on the wallet event going... The Drury Inn parking lot is a good all night hang out. Frog Follies is a good place to learn from the old guys, Alot of them were building hot rods before I was born. Now thats the real deal... Nothing but respect for the old timers!! CANT WAIT!!!

22. Labold

Labold

That's the spirit. I almost always travel alone, I kind of prefer it.

23. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Weather forecast is looking awesome. Mid 80's and sunny!

24. 51delivery

51delivery

I am gong as a spectator for the first time in about 30 years. I am from the area and went one time when I was in college moved away and never made it back. Just happened to be planning a trip to visit my mother the right weekend. Hoping for a great swap meet

25. alumslot

alumslot

Haven't been in a while but THIS is the year. Great show and swap meet.

Jim

26. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Look forward to seeing you again bro.

27. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I've been going since 1992. Some of our running mates are no longer with us. We'll be toasting them with a shot of "Crown" around 2:00p.m. on Saturday as we do every year. We always try to park up on the hill near the registration building. We'll be in the shade near the porta-potties. Any and all, stop by and say hi. We'll have cold beverages and bottled water. I'll try to fabricate some type of HAMB sign. Please stop by. Sam

28. basicbob

basicbob

Started going to the Frog Follies in 1986. It is the best event anyone can go to, great people & SUPER SWAP!!!!! See you there, Bob

29. 50specialdeluxe

50specialdeluxe

Grew up right outside Evansville in Newburgh and my dad took us every year. Once we moved to St. Louis and I had to 'grow up' a bit, it got harder to make it over but this year I'll be there. Staying all the way over in Owensboro but I don't mind since I get to go all three days. Definitely on of the premier shows I've ever been to and Evansville Iron outdoes themselves year after year!

30. FityFive

FityFive

I plan on attending the show on Saturday. I look forward to meeting everyone at noon.