Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Frog follies 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1931fordtruck, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Dad and I will be coming down on Friday. I think that we are bringing his '34 sedan, instead of either of my '40s.

2. birdman42

birdman42

I am in for the meet and greet.

3. lowriderben

lowriderben

by far the best show. super nice people. ive been going since the mid 90s.

4. Is anybody coming down through northern illinois that might be able to HAMB relay a grill to me here in Evansville. Its a cherry original 47-53 chevy pickup grill another member is selling me. He is in Coal City, IL. I am more than happy to pony up some gas money.

Thanks fellas!

5. CustomAutoRegistry

CustomAutoRegistry
    from TN

COAL CITY - growing up my grandparents lived there. Never thought I would hear it mentioned by anyone but me. My grandparents used to call it "cold titty" because it was so cold there. Sorry though I am coming from the deep south.

Definitely will be there camera in hand. I wish they would open the show up to entries up through the mid 70's though at least. Maybe it is a space thing and they could not handle the extra entries it would bring.

6. Thanks! Already got a volunteer. Power of the HAMB!

7. 29moonshine

29moonshine

i do not think it will ever be a open show

8. Ya at 4000+ its maxed out between cars and spectator parking. I wouldnt mind it opened up to mid 50s but mid 70s invites a ton of junk...imo

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  9. ty johnson

ty johnson

10. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'll be there. Eating at the Log Inn on Thursday!:D

11. birdman42

birdman42

There moto is Pre 49 always has been always will be.

12. btbowtie

btbowtie
    from KY

Log Inn is an excellent place to eat! You will not leave hungry that's for sure.

Was at the first Frog Follies in 1975. I was 8 years old. My Dad had a 37 Chevy Coupe with a 327 4speed.

Been going off and on since then.
    Hands down best show. We will be there on Friday!!!:D

13. Egghead

Egghead

My favorite show. I like the pre 49 deal. jmo! Spend most of my time walking , swap meet,and looking at cars.

14. 33 sd

33 sd

This year we have over 3300 pre entries for the FROG FOLLIES, looks like somewhere between 3800 and 4000 cars. The swap meet area is over last years as of now.If anyone need anything let me know.
    Rick Bonenberger Eville Iron since 74

15. Hi-Flying

Hi-Flying

Sounds good. Been going since 1993,my favorite show.

Ron

16. HotRod33

HotRod33

I'll be there..... This will make my 20th year.... Great show

17. paintcan54

paintcan54

This will be the wife and I's 3rd. year, she fell in love with the show and thats a lot coming from her. There is only about 4 shows a year she cares to go to, so this is a good thing.

18. paintcan54

paintcan54

I only been going for 3 years, and love the year cut off.

19. christmas tree

christmas tree

Too much walking for this old guy, however I urge anyone within driving distance to give your self a treat and go. They donate heavly to charity.

20. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

We will be there again this year in our 35 ford..

21. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Been going so long can't remember when I didn't. Definitely there again this year! If I had to pick one show a year this one would be it!!!!

48 Poncho

22. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Will be driving down Thur. Staying at the Super 8 north of the fairgrounds again this year. Since I sold the aerosedan and don't have the 33 dodge coupe done I have to borrow the wifes 48 PU. Plan to park at same spot as last 20 years, top of the hill, under the big tree just past the registration bldg. Be with HiFlying, Wzjunk and assorted other HAMB members. Stop by and say hello.

23. RichardL

RichardL

Be there Friday AM.

24. paintcan54

paintcan54

Wife and I will be heading that way after work thursday eveing. Driving her truck this year, teel green '41 International pu, should be on the hill top by reg. building along with a blue and silver '37 studebaker and a flat black '36 chevy sedan with flames. Stop by and say hey.

25. basicbob

basicbob

First went to the Frog Follies in 1984. Only gets better with time.

Club members are super!

City backs show completely!

Super Swap meet!

1948 down!

I will leave Thursday early & be in Evansville around noon, See you there. Bob

26. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

I'll be there Thursday about 1-2PM.........been going since 1974...and as I've said many times before...If the Good Lord told me I could only do one event a year...it would be no decision - Evansville!! (with the Hot Rod Reunion at Bowling Green running a close second)...be at the top of the hill by the restrooms if possible...stop by and say hello...Joe

27. s1buell

s1buell
    from Indiana

We are heading down Friday AM from Indy and plan to try the new stretch of i69 from Crane to Evansville. I hear it is a 67 mile stretch that should cut about 40 minutes off the drive. Was told to gas up before getting on as nothing has been built yet between.

28. If any of you out of towners have trouble, shoot me a message. Ill be glad to do whatever i can to help. Ive got a garage and some tools real close to the 4h.

Or if anyone just wants to give me and my 2 year old our first ride in a hotrod...we are without drivable hot rod for hopefully the last year...

This is my favorite weekend of the year!

29. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Long haul for me but I have to get there to vend someday

30. the-rodster

the-rodster

Looks like I'm going for the first time in several years.

Even taking my better half.

Rich