Register now to get rid of these ads!

friends, BAH! HUMBUG! a rant, about a car...and a "friend"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hillbilly, Nov 13, 2003.

1. I left my home in Altus AR in good hands, or so I thought...a friend of mine that i have known since Jr High, a car guy to boot...I was helping him out by letting him live there and make the payments on the house while his wife is off in Iraq...she stopped sending him money to pay the bills and take care of their daughter, she found another fella over there...but that has nothing to do with this..sorry...

anyway, said friend lived there about three weeks before he started whining about the 55 pontiac parts car sitting in the driveway...asking if I want to sell it because a guy he works with needs it for the glass for his chevy, the guy nver said anything, so I told him just leave it alone, i need the parts for my 56 anyway...

he starts sayin stuff about it is drawing mice and skunks (wtf???) and stuff...well, he decides he is going to move in with a girlfriend he found at work, so I am thinkin "kool, now I am gonna have to pay the payments there PLUS the ones here...no biggie, the new job is payin me ok, I can swing it..." well, this evening when I get home, I have a message on yahoo messenger tellin me that he sold it for a hundred bucks to a guy and where should he send the money...oh HELL no....

the bastard wont answer his phone, nor his ol lady, I called my dad back in arkansas to go see if the car was there or if the guy was at the house, he called me back a little later saying neither of them were there...

with everything in me, I am trying to avoid going out, getting in the lil green booger and driving my ass back to arkansas and kicking the shit out of my supposed friend, and driving up to the son-of-a-bitch's house that has it and draggin it off...

hotheaded? perhaps...pissed, definately!

when I bought it, it was for parts...no title...thing is, the guy I bought it from will vouch that I bought it, the neighbors there KNOW it was mine, and will do the same, should I immediately call the police there and report it stolen? should I wait and talk to the little shit and try to get it through his worm eaten skull that it would be in his best interest to get my car back to where it was sitting with all parts intact? Or am I just fucked?

I apologize to anyone whom my language might offend, I dont get riled up too often, and Ryan, sorry about usin the board as a ranting post...

2. ok ok ok, after goin back and readin that post...I am sure someone else will get a laugh too, it looks like I am talkin about draggin a house away...I am a hillbilly, and I lived in arkansas, now in tennessee, but no, it is not of an airstream I speak, but rather a 1955 pontiac parts car that still had some stuff I needed on and in it...

Good GOD i need some sleep....

3. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i followed ya. it's gotta suck being so far away and not being able to handle it in person. i think i would call the cops if that SOB won't return your calls. it's YOUR house and YOUR car and he had no right at all to sell it. if he can;t get the car back i would make a list of all the parts that were ont he car that where worth ANYTHING, even as scrap metal. make up a list and find out what all the parts are worth. go with the highest Ebay price you can find, ad it up and SUE his ass for it. i don't normaly recomend sueing people for the hell of it but this right here is totaly what the courts are for.
    don't wait, call the cops NOW!!!

4. I finally woke the guy up...he is sending the money for the car, and knows that if not recieved in the time specified, the police (friends of dad's [​IMG]) have been notified and proceedings will begin...I hate being an ass, but hate being deceived even worse...

ok, gotta get some sleep before the old alarm clock goes off...

I like being able to visit my favorite internet haunt once again, viva la HAMB

5. moondisc

moondisc

Now you know why his ole lady found someone else!
    I sure wouldn't settle for $100 if you need the parts.
    Let the cops handle it. He can give the guy back his money and get your car back if he doesn't want to get busted.
    Bet he got way more than $100 for it! [​IMG]

6. i would bet he made more on it than you did. $100, sounds kinda cheap. i think iwould have someone down there see if they could find the car locally and find out how much he gave for it. i doubt you could buy the parts off of it you wanted for $100

7. hudson_hawk

hudson_hawk

screw that. call the cops on his ass. that is no friend and people change

8. This guy is obviously NOT your friend. Why give him the benefit of the doubt after he fucked ya twice. I say let him know you'll bring legal fire on his ass unless your car is back in it's place with all parts on it within a week. Then, follow through if your demands are not met.

9. maud

maud
    from Maud,Tx

I would not accept the $100, unless you already told him to send it. I would get my hillbilly ass back to Arkansas and talk to the guy who bought the car and deal him outta the parts you need, or buy back the car and sell him what he needs. Then I'd check out the house for any damage the idiot "friend" may have done in your absence. Then I'd change the locks and keys to the doors.

10. Definitely wouldn't settle for $100. Like Maud said...you should either personaly go, or get your dad to go check out the house...no telling what your dumb ass friend did to the place...and, without a doubt, change the locks.

11. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

what a moron "friend", [​IMG]

12. ray

ray
    from colorado

don't forget to tell him how good of a lay his ol lady was, and how good she pulled a train with a couple of his other buddies!

[​IMG]

13. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Ya know, I have family in Arkansas; and at least in the rural parts, the justice system doesn't quite work the same way that it does up here in the real world. Due to that fact however, there are also a lot of ways that someone in Arkansas could "disappear".

14. Django

Django
    from Chicago

He's sending you $100? Bullshit, go down there this weekend and get your car back. That glass will cost more than that to find. He needs his ass kicked just on principle alone. I agree, he pocketed the cash and "offered" you the $100 to clear his conscience. DEFINITELY GO BACK AND CHANGE YOUR LOCKS!! What a prick.

15. I thought my "friends" were fucked up.He isn't your friend.
    And if you accept $100 your screwed.
    You told him NOT to sell YOUR car.He sold YOUR property without your permission.Sounds like THEFT.
    At the very least,he owes you what you paid for the parts car AND how much it will cost to replace all those hard to find vintage parts.AND whatever costs are incurred trying to collect.
    Call the Police.And deny telling him you would accept $100 for his "mistake",why would you sell over $1000 in parts you need for $100?
    If you have to,you can garnish his wages.
    The guy sounds like a Crack Head,selling his "friends" property.

16. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

yeah, man, get the cops on his ass. get that car back, that's bullshit. a matter of PRINCIPALITY.

17. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well you know, I'll bet you that $100 that he got more than $100 for the car. Had it been me, he already would have gotten his ass beaten. Period. Tied to the car and dragged. That dishonest fuck. If you dont call the police and sort it out that way(afterall, he sold something that wasnt his, thats illegal) Beat the shit outta him. Thats the way it goes on around here anyways. Good luck! -J.

18. ESnacky6

ESnacky6

Don't take the $100..!!

Do what needs to be done...

19. Fuck him up.........legally, then later meet him in a dark alley [​IMG]

20. burndup

burndup
    from Norco, CA

Get your shit back, then fuck him up, seriously, break some "small" bones, fingers, ribs, etc. So he has a lot of time to think about his shit.

Lok at it this way, you're straightening the fucker out so he doesn't do this to his other "freinds."

21. Try to bluff him into returning your car with a threat of involving the law.....but really -If you do not have a title to it - you dont have much REAL legal grounds......YOU'LL BE LUCKY IF YOIU GET SOME SATISFACTION IN THIS MATTER.

22. flying clutchman

flying clutchman

Screw the cops. 12 gauge his ass. thats what i would do. but i got more screews loose than a studebaker. but serioulsy your "friend" needs a stern ass whoopin. [​IMG]

23. I am not settling for the $100...he agreed to pay me the amount I asked, substantially MORE than one hundred dollars, should be enough to fix the few problems on the 56 sittin in my momma's back yard and still have enough left for some fun money/emergency cash on the return trip to tennessee after thanksgiving...

my whole reason for hanging on to the 55 4 door was to use various parts off it for my 56 chieftain, like the factory air...but, blah, i hate a/c, the engine and tranny were gonna go in the T I was building back home before I moved out here, if I didnt go ahead and use the 4-banger datsun with the "datsun" ground off and polished, with a 12v generator in place of the alternator...

taking time to figure costs of moving BOTH cars, plus the T out here added up to my having less than the money I asked in place of the 4-door, in a way, it was a favor, but he will not have the satisfaction of knowing that...he showed up at my mom's house to return the keys to the house he was renting, she said he was crying and going on about how he couldnt believe that I would call him up and curse him the way I did, and telling him that he was going to be rotting in a cell with a 400 pound pervert that would like his lil blonde ass, that he had to take the money out of his own pocket because he couldnt afford to pay the fella that bought it the thousand plus that he had already put into the car, I guess he thought he would find some sympathy there, nope. sorry.

time changes a lot of things, freinds who ya used to hang with, tearin up shit together, terrorizing the town ya grow up in, deer huntin' for years, sometimes they just have a massive brain fart that causes irreversible damage...dont know why he decided to try to fuck me over, maybe he will try to do the same to one of his lil KKK buddies and they wont be as lenient as I have...

all is well, my 56 will be here with me soon, I will be tearin up the streets, and I wont have to figure out how to get an extra parts car across those 650 miles...

sincerely,
    an older, now wiser hillbilly