Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ///////Friday Art Show12_02_2016\\\\\\\

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Dec 2, 2016.

1. For delinquents...
    I can’t believe I have been absent 3 weeks! Well let’s catch up.

1955 Buick Del Ray, GM Motorman “Dream Car” ( that never was)

[​IMG]

2. Did some fancy cropping of the “T’bird and a Redhead” illustration...

[​IMG]

And, for the heck of it...

Re-POP!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Sweet illustrations, Mark!
    Let's indeed play catch up, cause I've been absent 3 months!

Throttle Queens small sig..jpg
    The Throttle Queens

4. Frogz

Frogz

Awesome stuff, guys!

The missing link between the coupe and the sedan: the 203 fleetline, alias Miss March from the 2017 Red Hot Tiki Calendar.

[​IMG]

john mullen, woodz, oldsjoe and 24 others like this.

5. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

6. Buzznut

Buzznut

I've missed 3 or 4 weeks...glad to be back. OK, I have a few for this week:

Just your basic everyday killer green coupe...

image.jpeg

A little top-down romance with the squeeze in a a killer '59...

image.jpeg

A big-finned deuce pickup I dreamed up, might make for a cool show-rod Roth thingy...
    image.jpeg

7. I'm hardly NEVER absent. Mostly re-runs these days, however.

'Stay FAS'

161127Cardinals.jpg

101009SkchColl.jpg

101109Wed.jpg

110520pickup.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  8. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

image.jpeg Exit only, acrylic on canvas 100x150cm

9. robber

robber

..."Golden Rays of Hope"...:) cp 692.jpg

10. robber

robber

..."Pawnee Ponder"...:) cp 687.jpg

oldsjoe, 29bowtie, Cruisin' and 10 others like this.
  11. 161202Meteor7-copy.jpg Love it Rob

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  12. robber

robber

Thanks! Right back at ya, Steve:)

Jigger and Spoggie like this.
  13. Good Morning, Love the Art work today. We took a little road trip to Virginia Beach last week. I promised my grandson I wouldn't do the HAMB and he wouldn't do video games. lol I'm sure that you guys had a great show as always. So we built this sand sculptor for F.A.S. Ron... 025.jpg

fortypickup, mctim64, robm7 and 28 others like this.
  14. kenmo

kenmo

A few photos from the 2016 Atlantic Nationals in Moncton, New Brunswick...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mctim64, john mullen, woodz and 17 others like this.
  15. I drew this yesterday for Hemi Dave. He's building a 55 Bird Gasser, with a Pete Jackson Injection system. He asked for some cool names for it. This is one I thought of. Ron... 074.jpg

16. jnaki

jnaki

Hey Ron,
    Cool photo...the beach in the winter at 50 degrees...that is being a tough family. (even the little one in that cool stroller...) But, in shorts, too...wow... I am impressed. Although I do wear shorts during the winter here in sunny, So Cal. But, 50 degrees !
    Jnaki

chriseakin, Jigger and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  17. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2016-12-2_5-8-33.png
    fall 1966
    Hello,

There was this factory, sponsored, surf team being started in So Cal. I am not a club/team joining type of guy, but the free stuff was timely. So during my final years of college back home in So Cal, I thought that it would be fun to be on that team. Did I say free clothes and “stuff?” I remembered my old 40 Ford Sedan Delivery from back in the last years of high school in Long Beach. I wanted a new one just like that cool orange 40 with a few new murals and flames. Being flashy brought in more sponsors and more free stuff to fit the lifestyle. (It was a crazy time) The first edition drawing of this sedan delivery was orange and just pencil flames, but for some reason, it looked funny and I spent all day erasing that color/design off.

Since our 40 Willys was supposed to be painted yellow, it was fitting that this 40 sedan delivery was the same color, but with the addition of the blue and red flames. (the colors have faded somewhat from 1966) By this time, the real short boards were flooding the scene and would fit perfectly inside of the delivery cargo area without having to take out the rear window. Of course, an SBC would have replaced that old flathead that burned the “cheapo” reclaimed oil on those long trips.

Even this car without the rear door window and several short boards sticking out would have looked rather cool at the beach parking area or going down PCH Highway 1. But the short boards would stack and tie down neatly on the inside racks, behind the seats with the rear door closed. No more exhaust fumes in this time period…just cool cruising to the beach.

Jnaki

The surf team did not work out as the sponsor demanded too much stuff and would not allow us to be individual stylists/surfers. The 40? Just a pipe dream…(another orange 40 Ford sedan delivery actually did get purchased and customized 4 years later) But, those modified, college class schedules allowed us to be at the beach almost every day before and in-between classes. (even during the winter) Besides, LBSC was only 10 minutes away from Seal Beach/Sunset Beach and 20 minutes away from the powerful, Huntington Beach Pier waves. Beach access at its finest…

dana barlow, oldsjoe, robber and 11 others like this.
  18. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

Missed the show the last couple of weeks. Great show today! DSC_9607.jpg DSC_9364.jpg DSC_9663.jpg

woodz, oldsjoe, Jokem59 and 13 others like this.
  19. What a great start to Friday.
    Thanks to all of you.
    Later,
    Dick

20. ...finished up the gasser board I'm donating to the benefit art auction at the Retro Rewind show Jan 7th in Dubuque Iowa,...both are framed now.
    retro rewind 2017 011.jpg retro rewind 2017 008.jpg retro rewind 2017 009.jpg retro rewind 2017 010.jpg

21. ...here's a 55 I just finished
    fas 415.jpg

22. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Merc.JPG Nomad (1).JPG My contribution for the week....I picked up a set of pencils so will start messing with shading a bit with softer pencils.

john mullen, pwschuh, 54reno and 14 others like this.
  23. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looking good! Looking back at early sketch books I found a lot of stuff that if I'd of added more mid and dark tones would have looked better but I was to scared to mess it up because it looked so good already!

One of the ways I got over that was experimenting with erasers and eraser guards.

I would do all the line work and then rub in an even tone of graphite across the whole car and then erase the lighter spots. It made it pretty clear where the darkest stuff needed to be and kinda got me over that hump.

Really enjoy seeing your stuff each week

JimC and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  24. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

IMG_4500.JPG Not sure which of these I've posted but here are some paintings I've been working on for Mcphail's shin dig this Sunday :)

IMG_4503.JPG Hopefully finish this one today!

Davkin, pwschuh, Frogz and 17 others like this.
  25. sololobo

sololobo

out of the gate super start, keep on trucking gang

Ron Funkhouser and chriseakin like this.
  26. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

A-1 VALVECOVER.jpg A-1.jpg Here are some pieces I did for a friend's business.

woodz, JimC, Speedys Garage and 12 others like this.
  27. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

Jigger. I like that Apollo GT. It incorporates the best qualities of a Ferrari meets XKE vision.

Jigger likes this.
  28. chriseakin

chriseakin

Is that acrylic or watercolour?