Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration *** Friday Art Show ***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Janne, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k-member

k-member

Damn! Fine Art Friday. Here's some outcast art. 1st one for the Irish.

Attached Files:

2. bcarlson

bcarlson

Yeah, that car doesn't look quite good enough to hang with the likes of us! :D

Nice shots!

Ben

3. DIRTYDAG

DIRTYDAG
    from cleveland

you have to be nice to Ray or his wife will check your ass into the boards! Both Ray and his wife=quality people...need more of em around..Hell if we had 2 El Vagos runnin around half the country would be striped by now...

J-Bird nice tank...I woulda been all over that panel but i was paintin damn it! what a steal!!!!!!!!!! that frying panel kicks ass Vance..

Nice stuff as usual guys...nothing finished to post this week..alot for next week though...

4. man, excellent posts this week!!!!

I just put the finishing touches on this commissioned piece for a hot rodder in Irving Texas. As a tribute to his Father and monument to the project he's currently working on, Mr. Stevens gave me the concept and the initial design and after much skecth tweaking and brain twisting, we came up with this very unique piece. Mr. Stevens is constructing a vintage race car that will house the engine you see in the painting. The arms are actually floated above the block....crazy man!
    [​IMG]
    45" x 48" 3/8" mdo stacked, one shot

thanks for the gander,
    Hami

5. HIDDEN

HIDDEN

nice!

6. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Brandy!!!!!!!!!!! this is georgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and its purple too!!! :p

7. airkooled

airkooled
    from Royal Oak

What a powerhouse tag team! One piles up the junk and clicks the camera button the other makes it look pretty. Look out dead Andy Warhol!

Tingler, the shirt is awesome. I will be the envy of all the other VW nerds in Detroit. Wait. I'm the only one. Well you get the idea. Now if I could somehow make the car look that cool. Hmmm.

8. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

1-shot slinger, your work is really nice. I like it so much I'd like to know what size it is and if it is for sale. Just simply beautiful work!!!

9. stan292

stan292

"I've always admired HIDDEN's work, so I decided to give the "stylized black and white" vector art a go.

Here is what I came up with...its the Salinas Boys 36 being built for Kirk Hammet.....let me know what you think."

Slinger -

HIDDEN is my favorite here too. I must say though, you are a VERY quick study. Superb work on the '36! Don't stop there.

10. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

I believe that anyone who has spent any time with Ray OR Jan has some stories. Ray is a great man and artist and Jan is a wonderful girl and a great closet artist in her own right. I can't thanks them enough for all they've done for me. If it weren't for Ray, I'd probably never gotten serious about striping.

He's the best... and very humble. You don't see that anymore.

Vance

11. Spaulding

Spaulding
    from Wichita

Long time lurker - first time contributor. Just a couple examples of what I do. A little photochop and a decal design.

Attached Files:

12. Been gone to Tejas last week with work, so I'm just now catching up. Did this while I was indoors with a lot of coffee last week. Imagining my dream car and scraping pennies together.

Attached Files:

• 29s.gif
      29s.gif
      File size:
      63.3 KB
      Views:
  13. Great stuff everyone!! Here's a wip for Cody the letterpresser

The family cruizer:
    [​IMG]

14. j-bird

j-bird

The panel is 1/8" thhick plexi. I used one shot to paint the pin-up and the lettering on the front. then i striped the back side to give it depth. Finally i used some spray cans to do the fade on the back side starting from the outside with red to yellow on the inside. Time consuming for a panel

15. McKee

McKee

....Plowboys next build......

Attached Files:

16. 1- shot slinger

1- shot slinger

I just sent you a pm.

Thanks HIDDEN...it really means a lot coming from you, I hope you didn't mind me trying out your style...and stan292, thanks for the comment man its always nice to be accepted by the the true hot rodders and artists on the H.A.M.B.

17. ChopperOlli

ChopperOlli
    from Finland

Here's one new picture of this week.

Citroen AMI custom.
    [​IMG]

-Olli-

18. gasit

gasit
    from Dago

Postcard for "The art of Frankenstein's monster"

[​IMG]

19. KCsledz

KCsledz

The minute I got in to work after you sent me that PM I made your sketch my desktop. I am stoked about it! Your scribbles are RAD!

20. gasit

gasit
    from Dago

Postcard back..

[​IMG]

21. In honor of today I'll post these two:

Old Irish toast:"May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead!"

Attached Files:

22. HIDDEN

HIDDEN

you just got to find your own style. if it happens to be the same as mine, great! its all about expression and that is the way it comes out of me. i didn't force it. if i have to force, i stop. move on and come back to it later, or start over. i have 20+ unfinished pieces that i just wasn't feeling at the time. i might finish them, i might not. its not about copying someones style, its doing whats right for you. i hope you enjoy doing them that way, the results are nice.

somethings you might not have seen for a while for good measure, lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. chopped 40

chopped 40

Very nice work! Glad too see so much talent up here.
    Here's a liitle sampling of my art work!

RapRap
    1940 ChoppedChevyCoupe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. meteor

meteor

hey, new to the HAMB, great stuff everyone.

Attached Files:

25. meteor

meteor

man, the image quality sucks. Am I missing something? how do you post a nice big clean file? thx

26. Slide

Slide

Judging by your PSD document in the first post, You're using Photoshop. Here's what to do:

Step 1: Go here and tell us who you are. (This is linked at the top of Page 1 on the list of posts in the main HAMB board.)

Step 2: From the "File" menu in Photoshop, choose "Save for Web...".

Step 3: in the resulting window, play with the settings to the right hand side of the screen. You can see your original and compare it with one or more other examples of the compression you're applying. For Art Show stuff, JPEG usually works best... but sometimes GIF may be better. Also, click on "image size" (also toward the right of your screen) and make sure the largest dimension is around 600 pixels. Just below the window pane showing the adjusted image, you'll see the file size you'll end up with if you choose the current settings. Keep this under 70 k, under 50 k is better for those who are still using phone line modems.

Step 4: Save the file somewhere on your HD.

Step 5: Start your post on the HAMB. Attach the file, or if you've uploaded it to a photo hosting site like Photobucket, Image Shack, Fotki, Flickr, etc., link it there. If you attach the photo, it will show up in the thread as a small thumbnail that you can click on, which will load the full-size image in a new window. If you link it from a hosting site, it will show up right there in the thread as whatever size you made it in "Save for Web".

27. meteor

meteor

Slide, thanks for the info.

Attached Files:

28. TRAVEZ

TRAVEZ

a little something i whipped up.

Attached Files:

29. TRAVEZ

TRAVEZ

amazing stuff!

30. chopped 40

chopped 40

RapRap here,

Some of the pics are photoshop'd and the others are raytraced from a solid model. High res quality. When you save the image(no matter how big it is),I saved it at 8" across @ 72 dpi. Originally, they were 14" wide at 300 dpi.

The solid modeled one were much larger at their original size.

Thank for the comments!

RapRap
    1940 ChoppedChevyCoupe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.