Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration friday art show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning!!!!! do i have to start work at 2am to get on the 1st page now??? man lol. anyways i did the blue ride last weekend and the truck a month or so a go and im not to sure if i posted the dodge yet but i did that in time for santa maria!!!! well enjoy!!!! i know i was jonesing for today yesterday!!! lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. So, I'm at Billetproof last weekend strip'n one of my panels (feeling like I'm not ready to do anybody's stuff yet) and Denise walks up with her cooler and says "Hey sweetie, I don't think I have anything on here from you yet - I'll be back a little later, take your time..."
    I could not turn her down...
    She got real excited about the purple and magenta idea (mine is the bottom one), so Here it is, my first real pinstripe job: :D

Attached Files:

3. Damn! Don't even know where to start! There is some GREAT KICKASS art on here! The shifter knob, the drawings, the striping, the bodies......all just crazy kool stuff! :D:D Thanks for sharing!

4. FATT STRIPES

FATT STRIPES

no striping this week,still waiting on some pics.just a lil' down time at work Mr. Depalma inspired doodling,i dont do very well w/ drawing but thought it turned out kinda cool

[​IMG]

5. chad lampert

chad lampert
    from Michigan

Jeff, excellent work dude! your stuff never ceases to amaze me. Nice stripes on the dash too, that guys awesome.

Cixpack, that little honest charley truck is killer! I love that little toon.

Gary C. very nice!

Sonny, Congrats man on the feature, that magazine is top notch. I gotta go get my copy.

Clysdale, cool 3d stuff!

6. Clysdale- cool shifter! what is that you have used to make your master?

7. Jeff Norwell- picture and striping looks great!
    JOSH - Great lines!!
    lockwoodkustoms- i really like it!!
    kustomcaddy - nice work!
    Acrochicken -great photos!
    aceuh- cool.
    Calico- great striping!
    MR_WIMONE- great stuff!

8. Clysdale

Clysdale
    from Vista, CA

Thanks guys! KL, I used a 50/50 mix of super sculpey firm and super sculpey regular for this guy.Now I can cook him up and harden the clay and then the next step is a silicone mold and start pulling resin casts.

9. palat

palat

Greetings everyone! Here's mine.

[​IMG]

10. Squindo

Squindo

I've had a little time to work since its been raining for about 2 weeks- heres a sketch and ink drawing.
    Love Kustomcaddy and Norwells work!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Sonny Depalma

Sonny Depalma
    Member Emeritus

Thanks guys, Norwell, cixpack and Britt, very cool art, the diversity here is unreal, and Fattstripes that looks pretty good to me.

12. Chris 50

Chris 50

I don't believe I've ever contributed to the Friday Art show before, although I have looked to it for inspiration. Here is a motorcycle I just completed for a friend. My friend Jason shot the big gun stuff and guided me through the prep and finish work, I did all the art and striping.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. chad lampert

chad lampert
    from Michigan

Dusty old body man- that came out cool, I was watchin ya do that at billet proof but didn't see it finished. Nice job!

14. [​IMG][/QUOTE]

that spade is pimp!!!! very nice!!!!!

15. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Thanks guys...very nice stuff!!

16. Jeff N., thanks for sharing all the fantastic art.

Lockwood, killer stuff.

Glad you guys are super busy, I can hardly keep afloat. big change from a couple months ago...

SinisterCustom, kustomcaddy, Jerry Reed and, WOW!, MR_WIMONE, nice brush work.
    love the details MR_W.

LOWCAB, notrod13, Buick59, Ned Ludd, cixpack, Squindo, great work, all!

I know I;ve missed a few and to those I say thank you for sharing your great talent with us all.

My humble offerings this week, a quick sketch I drew for last weeks show but had no time to finish and submit...(15 min.)

1959 Dodge CUSTOM ROYAL LANCER 500-D, ... Mild Kustom.

[​IMG]

17. Slickmanart

Slickmanart
    from Michigan

Here's a couple of oil paintings I finished this week. I did them for trade with Moose from the Netherlands.

Attached Files:

18. Cool.

19. Chad,
    Thanks, Man... I was really inspired by your art. It is so cool to be around other artists when they are working. As an artist myself (drawing cars for over 40 of my 47 years - just ask my teachers) I always learn from watching others work. Its even better when its a really 1st class dude like you. There is a certain serenity that a person wears when they are in the zone doing what they love - you really have that. I love to see it.

All 'ya all have great stuff on here this week. I really dig all the various art forms and - as always come away inspired. :cool::cool::cool:

20. OOPPS! How could I forget?! SONNY D!
    Congrats on the spread, great work and well deserved acclaim!
    Your work ROCKS dude!

That is to say I'm moved by the esoteric nature of your work. Very deep and urbane;
    it has a quality and purpose which allude me and, yet, capture me at the same time.
    Now where did I put that Brie and Shiraz...

21. jwho art

jwho art
    from bay area

thanks sinister and lockwood.

lockwood i must say i have never seen that medium before! awesome, clysdale, love the skull!

22. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

well it's 8 am in MAnhattan Beach California and it already looks like this show started a week ago. Awesome work guys. Norwell.. you're still rulin it. Here's a piece I did for a buddy's wife and hand delivered lastnight...
    "Bad Ass Butterfly" made on bone collored Aligator w/ multi colored Stingray Butterflies and some tribal vine work in the background..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

John
    killer shots of Marco n V. Phil and I were just looking over them again and we both agree...
    Your also rule.

24. CQQLSPENCER

CQQLSPENCER
    from Monroe, IA

Very cool everyone!

Attached Files:

25. theres some bloody awesome work again this week...i did this a while back, still trying to learn on the old wacom....nowhere near as tight as mr norwells but similar in subject

[​IMG]

26. chevymike

chevymike

Great job. I had wanted to do that since I saw it done at the San Diego airport years ago. Wanted to mount it to a wall.

27. APOC

APOC

Been a while, fellas! Love the Toth stuff. Never seen that series, although I'm familiar with some of his other comic stuff. Anyway, here's my two cents for the day.

Attached Files:

28. FATT STRIPES

FATT STRIPES

thank you sir, i really like you're work! but i think i'll stick to pullin lines and leave the drawing to those w/ the real talent

29. ewt2

ewt2

Jeff, I love that Roadster!
    How do you know how fast you're going in you hot rod? Or don't you want to know!!!
    Lockwood, I really love that Grinder Art! Man that ROCKS...
    Arco, It looks like that photography thing is work'n for you! Great pix...
    Jigger, Custom Royal Lancer 500 D's RULE!!!
    A32Flathead, Nice black and white stuff...
    Jeff and Tim, These Roadsters are killing me. I hope this economy turns around, so I can finish my wifes 32.

I have 2 this week:
    The first is a '55 Olds. I've always love these headlights, and very cool chrome bumper & trim. Couldn't resist drawing it..
    [​IMG]
    '55 Olds' 24"x30" pencil rendering
    The second drawing is a tribute to Phil Remington. His Dry Lakes Roadster is being recreated by Dan Webb (Dan did his own version of the Golden Sub) Phil is in his 80's now and works for Dan Gurney! He raced his roadster in the 40's and broke numerous records. He went into the service and his parents sold the car. It was later destroyed drag racing...
    One of my parts of this drawing is the kids chasing him down the street...
    [​IMG]
    'Remington Tribute' 24"x 28" pencil rendering

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  30. APOC

APOC

hoe-lee-crap, Tillrock...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.