Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Friday art show...not as early as it could have been!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paulatxntric, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just finished a couple of pics and no one else has started yet so....
    the first is the finished pic of the sketch I put on last week
    "Doris" Ratty's 32 roadster pick up (with Ratty driving and someone elses wife in the passenger seat!), remember this is England and our cars are righthand drive and so Ratty has the goatie not some ones wife!
    and Louie Battencourt's 49 merc (original bodywork and chop by Gil Ayala and, as in the pic the 1st makeover by Barris) the source pic shamelessly picked from the HAMB!

Attached Files:

2. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

SWEET!
    I'll post some stuff later tonight.
    Gotta get to work!:D

Josh

3. PDX Lefty

PDX Lefty

I have to remember not to drink soda while reading the HAMB!
    Now I need to clean my monitor.

4. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

clock for a fellow HAMBer.

Attached Files:

5. TINGLER

TINGLER

Stabby the Octopuss.

[​IMG]

And a tiki.

[​IMG]

6. Ratty

Ratty

Paul , hugely flattered that you painted my old car , even more amazed that you kept me in the picture , fantastic job !

Cheers , Ratty (The one with the beard :D)

7. Toyghoul

Toyghoul
    from SPOKANE

Love that octopus, Here's a cat, [​IMG] and a bottle
    [​IMG]

8. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

its in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

9. Here's a few things I've been working on this week in addition to the grunt work.

I decided that I need a new hat as my other one is several years old now.This is about as close to finished as it's ever going to be.

The next piece is a trophy I'm doing for the Billetproof Michigan show.For best use of pinstriping.

The next piece is an old creeper a friend of mine bought the other day.Going to be a wall hanger.

The last is a tour pack I did(and just finished re-touching because the clear pulled the stripes).

Attached Files:

10. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

I always thought that a '59-'60 studebaker would make a cool gasser, so i did a quick sketch, I like it, maybe a finished drawing will follow!

Attached Files:

11. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

I don't like to post my art usually, but Tingler has had me frothing every week (hat's off bro).

I was sketching a little doodle on an 11x17 sketch pad one day and I liked the lines...so I kept it up. I didn't have any colored pencils and I didn't wan to use those messy (but fun) oil pastels. Instead I started with a regular ball point pen...black I believe. Next I got out a blue one, and one thing led to another and before you knew it I had an all ink pen drawing.

I did this baby one stoke at a time guys - it took me a few weeks worth of sitting on the couch and scratching away while whating TV out of the corner of my eye.

Hope you like. Unfortunately I had to take a pic of the origional then print it out at a smaller scale - then scan that to post it to the web. I am actually surprized - it doesn't look too bad.

Enjoy:

btw, good showing as usual.

Attached Files:

12. tikEK

tikEK

safari nut - sublime as always.
    something a little different to my usual design work... keeps the stress levels down - doesn't always need to make sense either:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

shoot, Broman that is awesome, nice inkwork and texture

13. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

I love Stabby, gold tooth and all!:D

14. hemifarris

hemifarris

Great art show...You guys really have talent...

15. rollie

rollie

painted up this old Chev door for a friend, and some BigRig stripin'

Attached Files:

16. TINGLER

TINGLER

HOLY COW!
    That is soooooo cool. Very nice! :)

17. murph

murph

Dude, you need to do us all a favor and post more often. I can't believe you got that kind of texture/detail from friggin ballpoint pens. Of course, I have trouble drawing a crooked line with one. You should contact Bic or Parker and see about becoming their new pen spokesperson. Seriously.

Oh, and I hope all that "scratching away" didn't impact your television watching too much? I would kill to be able to draw 1% as good as that, with FULL concentration. (Editor's Note - full concentration would be on the drawing and not the killing). But if I did get caught, I could say that the music of The Police is to blame, because Sting spoke to me and said "you could turn a murder into art".

-murph

18. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Broman, that is awesome, man it can be hard to get a good effect with ink, that is just spot ot.
    Doc.

19. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

I can't say I wasn't inspired. Seeing the tikis you and a few others post regularly made me think, hmm I wonder if I could do that....

I was sketching out some things for ideas for a shift knob for my next hot-rod. I had started a few skulls and stuff but wasn't feeling it. I saw a few tikis I really liked and thought I'd give it a go.

This is my first tiki drawing. Next one will be in 1-Shot. I ran a couple of pens dry on this bad boy - it'd just be faster with paint!

So basically - just take my compliment and shut the hell up!! LOL. :p :)

...wish I had more to post, all I have on my hard drive is the paintings you've all seen before.

I've been working on doing a monster t-shirt in AutoCAD....trying to export to Illustrator to color it....

20. TINGLER

TINGLER

Broman is makin me jealous. :D :)

21. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Shaping up to be another KILLER art show guys!
    All I've got for now is this drawing. I plan to do an airbrushed T-shirt of this design with a monster driving.

Josh

[​IMG]

22. The talent here is humbling.... I used to draw alot, just started again because my son(12) looked thru my old portfolio and art books, and has got me backed into a corner... all good! Hopefully your stuff will help with the momentum... Thanx fer sharing everyone!

Ho!

23. My thoughts exactly!!!

24. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Ok - enough ego stroking, I'm nothing special - else I'd have landed a gig doing this stuff...

But I am into the details that go into making the art piece - I love hearing what goes into making something.

Here's a closer pic of the details of mine...

Attached Files:

25. F*ck! Broman that is cool. :cool: :D
    tikEK, awesome! I like.

[​IMG]
    I have been thinking about having this printed on some T-shirts

Cheers

26. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

great stuff as usual! safariknut, that trophy is way cool!

Attached Files:

27. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That Rat Fink is cool, at first glance I thought it was on a cup!! D'OH!

Doc.

28. RYZART

RYZART
    from NJ

Here is my submission for this week. Striping and lettering for Blings cycles pre-clearcoat.
    [​IMG]

29. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

Two t-shirt designs I've been refining over the past week. The gasser was a take on old movie posters, and the Carson-topped smoothie started with a technical rendering of Mann's Chinese theater, and a recurring dream of fadeaway fenders.

Attached Files:

30. KCsledz

KCsledz

Here are some greeting cards I have recently finished. I don't know if I have posted them yet or not. Things have been going so fast that its a blur.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.