Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ///Friday Art Show Memorial Day Weekend\\\

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JohnnyAngel, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

Forgot to attach.

2. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

As always, great work by everyone this week!

I have been "artistically constipated" so to speak, as of late. Been trying to get out of this slump I am in. It has been awhile since I've posted anything for the Friday Art Show, so here it goes...

I had this idea I have been working on the last couple of weeks.
    This is a "Flameburst" on glass. I still have some bugs to work out, but you should get the idea from the pics. All apologies for the P.O.S. pics, but all I have is a one pixel web-cam, lol.

There are mutiple plates of 8x10 glass evenly spaced apart. Each layer is sandwiched between two plates. When you walk by, the picture possesses a 3-D effect, casting shadows on themselves. It also looks cool when the sun shines through them. I'm working on interchangeable foregrounds and backgrounds, so you can "flip" the panels and change the colors to make it look different from time to time.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. PM me If you would like further details on these.

Attached Files:

3. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

Forget it.

How do you upload larger files? Like the cycle tank a few posts about me?

4. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

I had a couple more I forgot to add...

Attached Files:

5. HemiDave

HemiDave
    from Austin, TX

I just bought a bunch of glasses from a guy on eBarf with various Rat Fink original images on them. They all had flames inside and RF hisself on one side and the crazy car stuff on the other. Let's see if this pic works...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dave

6. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Wow, everybody is pulling out the best art. Here is Mitch's contribution. It has a little message attached for the newcomers to the hobby. Jeremy from the Jalopy Showdown, if you're lurking it is time to post some of your cool artwork. Joe

Attached Files:

7. GaryC.

GaryC.

Finally home from work!

Here's my stuff for this week.

Last week someone asked if more of us would show works in progress.
    That's all I have this week!

FIRST
    is a Willys Gasser sketch. This is going to be a part of a drag racing scene. I think that this is going to be Big John Mazmanian's red gasser. It's going to be going against another Willys gasser, probably an older model.

SECOND
    is a partially completed Rod & Custom Dream Truck.
    Marker and color pencil. Plans are for a 50's couple and a drive-in scene.

THIRD AND FORTH
    is a large acrylic painting I have been working on.
    The size is about 30" x 48". The close up is of the foreground. There are going to be some palm trees on the left and right and more vegetation, corner workers and photographers.

Attached Files:

8. This is a sketch for the latest coupe project.

Attached Files:

9. 1- shot slinger

1- shot slinger

AWESOME WORK GUYS!!!!!

Here is an event logo I did for the Wellington, Kansas Car Show this summer.

[​IMG]

10. jdubbya

jdubbya

I thought I would post some pictures of my finished truck, with striping done by our very own Kritz. The lettering was done by a local sign shop, I am really happy how everything came out. -Joe

Attached Files:

11. eye bone

eye bone

Good show again every body!

Rod, Glad to see you posting those sketches, glad you kept them.
    Made me want to share an old one too! I did this one sometime in the mid 1960's.

Attached Files:

12. v8minor

v8minor

I am trying to get the airbrush thing goin , local bike club t shirt

[​IMG]

Welding helmet
    [​IMG]

13. v8minor

v8minor

14. damn andrew that looks bloody marvelous....things you talk about while having a lay in..the wife says this morning..`how come you dont do any airbrush`? the reply was something along the lines of `cause i aint fucking got one`decent art usable compressor ...`YES`...airbrush...`NO`....dieing to give it a go....i will...and if its half as good as yours i`ll be a happy monkey

monkey

15. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

'50 Olds Gasser done by my bro-in-law Rick"Rags"Clyne.

Attached Files:

16. v8minor

v8minor

Thanks surf monkey I was not expecting any comments with the talent on here.
    If you are looking a cheap silent compressor I built one out of a old fridge motor and a broken small compressor that I was given .Works great.
    I hope to get some custom work here in Belfast ,found out I have rheumatoid arthritis so the panel beating is over.

17. WOW!

Some awesome stuff this week.

I haven't done anything for weeks, too busy earnin a living doing other stuff.

I think it's time I got back to it.

18. 00 MACK

00 MACK

19. Great stuff this week!! Thought I would add one more ...Cadillac...Cadillac...

Attached Files:

20. blasted

blasted
    from N. Tex

21. guiseart

guiseart

Didn't do any memorials with cars on them this season, but here is a few from the past...

(oh, and you guys absolutely rock... jeez. Why don't we make a coffeetable book or two of our shit, well, your shit...?)

Attached Files:

22. 00 MACK

00 MACK

You got me doing this shit now Guiseart.Ive been engraving Black Absolute.It looks like bad glass etching...my stuff that is!

23. guiseart

guiseart

ccoool...any samples?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.