Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 7/22/22 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Jul 21, 2022.

1. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

2. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

squeek at famoso.JPG Squeeks bell byrd special.JPG DSC_3460 (3).JPG

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
    rust&patina, WC145, b-bop and 30 others like this.
  3. If the art of life gets your juices going this might be for you. It’s from an article in TRJ 35 in which they interview Rik Hoving. image.jpg

4. Lil32

Lil32

5. Lil32

Lil32

6. Did you ever wonder how automotive designers come up with ideas for their new models?????

HAMB.jpg

7. robber

robber

... "Powerhawk In Paradise"... :)

cp 1125.JPG

8. catdad49

catdad49

Don't normally think of doing this, but this guy is Too Good not to share! A Dan McCrary watercolor. Dan McCrary Hemi water color.jpg

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  9. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2022-7-22_4-35-16.png Model A hot rod

Hello,

All along, my brother and I had plenty of ideas as to what our first hot rod was going to be and how we wanted it to look. He wanted it to be Yellow and have chromed reversed rims on blackwalls. A Centrifugal Supercharged 283 motor or a big 352 c.i. SBC Stroker motor from Reath Automotive with the some Strombergs on top or dual quads.
    upload_2022-7-22_5-17-40.png
    I just wanted a car, as I was too young to have my license, but I was looking to the future. Since my brother already had a cool, yellow 51 Oldsmobile Sedan, one or the other was eventually going to be mine in the future. Yippee! I was the "caretaker" of his Oldsmobile Sedan and learned all there is to learn about maintenance and repair/replacing parts, etc. It was a good beginning for me.

We found and bought our Model A coupe from a neighbor and now, after towing it home, started what I thought was our build for the future coming months. It was something I had not done before and was a learning experience for sure. Thorough cleaning, sure, but to take apart various items to get them to running order was new. Despite telling me about installing an SBC motor, my question was why are we getting the 4 cylinder motor to run and work well? (He wanted to sell the 4 cylinder as a running motor)

We did get plenty of local driving around with the 4 cylinder motor in place.
    upload_2022-7-22_5-1-4.png
    Perhaps, a slight chop was also in the planning...

I liked the color Purple of a friend’s 46 Ford Coupe with White Tuck and Roll. The Purple was just a stand out color and the contrasting Blue pinstriping was a just made the design. So, that was my finished choice. The desirable wheels were the Halibrand Slots front and rear for both of us. In one instance, my brother had a wild hair about getting the top chopped a few inches, but not too much to feel cramped inside.
    upload_2022-7-22_5-2-4.png
    If we had the time and “no ache body” in the current situation, what a better time is that? A retired person with a great garage set up and the desire to build his old teenage hot rod first build, in this day and age? The family being taken care of and our granddaughter being a senior in high school has her needs and wants with her teen friends. So, that allows me to have the time to create and get things done… although the body is not joining the same impetus to build this new /old hot rod idea.

Jnaki

So, I thank those that think I have one more mild build or a full build left in these old bones/body. But, I have seen the writing on the wall and on my laptop for the past years. It is all about slowing down and having less things sitting around, and less things to be concerned about. The pandemic is doing a number on everyone’s normal lifestyle, let alone a teenager going through the final years of her high school career.

Who wants someone, like our son, to come in an find a bunch of stuff that would have him or our granddaughter to say… what the h@##!! is all of this crapola? Wait until he finds our multiple copies of files on the external hard drives with thousands of ideas and plans… Ha, and to think he was accepting the idea that it was just old photos/films, plus a lot of memories in journal form...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
  10. acroguy

acroguy

11. Every one of you guys, I can't thank you enough for what you do. It stormed about all night here so I'm late looking at your work this morning. Great stuff!
    Later,
    Dick

12. Using the ol' beauty and the beast angle here to portray that weird thing that sometimes happens even when the nicest of guys gets behind the wheel of a hot rod. Don't tell me you haven't succumbed to the Beast Mode yourself a few times (he he).

[​IMG]

13. kenmo

kenmo

14. kenmo

kenmo

Wow...very nice work....

15. Nice piece Kenmo, I’m assuming this is digital with simulated water color effect. Very cool rod, I really dig.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2022
  16. Neatname

Neatname
    from Spokane WA

One from a shoot for HopUp

5B1397A8-EB13-4F42-9EFB-B4F39DBBDA4C.JPG

WC145, tr_rodder, Al Consoli and 23 others like this.
  17. sololobo

sololobo

Great stuff gang, Thanx!

18. You have GOT to get that guy posting here every Friday. That is just too cool.

19. catdad49

catdad49

Thanks, that's exactly the reason I shared!

20. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thanks Ken .............

41 GMC K-18 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  21. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

22. Good stuff everyone! Man am I late. Spent all day Friday in the garage working on my roadster. Running down a short and replacing the fuel tank. By the time I finished, I was finished. So I won't post anything this week, I'll just enjoy everyone else work.:cool: Heading back to garage to finish up

23. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

I'm late to check out the FAS this week. Normally it's first thing Saturday morning for me, after everybody has posted. My small town had it's annual car show today, I had to be a the swap meet at opening time to make sure I didn't miss that $5 item I couldn't live without.

Anyway, thanks to all who post. I really enjoy looking at all of them. This week's kinda small, only 1 page, but it's all quality work.

Thank you

Devin

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  24. You’re not late you’re just early for next week.

ct1932ford likes this.
  25. late this week, here's an oldie "in the works"
    DSCN5124.JPG DSCN5125.JPG DSCN5126.JPG DSCN5127.JPG

rust&patina, b-bop, Lil32 and 16 others like this.
  26. 41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  27. 51pontiac

51pontiac
    from Alberta

28. ^^^thanks a bunch!

chryslerfan55 likes this.