Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<< Friday Art Show 6/3/22 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Jun 2, 2022.

1. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

2. mark schanfeldt

mark schanfeldt

3. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seen at the CHRR at FAMOSO a few years back.
    DSC_3572 (2).JPG DSC_3573 (2).JPG

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    Lil32, Almostdone, Vonzemo and 26 others like this.
  4. robber

robber

... "The 'Club Car"... :)
    cp 1120.JPG
    ...night club that is ... :cool:

Lil32, Almostdone, Vonzemo and 30 others like this.

5. rust&patina

rust&patina

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

7. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2022-6-3_4-9-29.png a custom Merc...
    Hello,

Old Mercury customs seemed like they were all a rolling mass of a car coming down the street. Sometimes, the dark paint, mostly black, looked ominous. A perfect car for a dark Halloween night in our old, Westside of Long Beach neighborhood. Then and now.

Lowered to the ground, covering every inch of the roadway and if it were on several narrow streets of our neighborhood, took up the whole roadway. We were impressed as they looked cool. But, they were not the average hot rod coupes or fast sedans. They were early cruisers and custom cars.

The accessories ranged from long side Lakes Pipes with caps below the door. (also the first to go as they got scraped almost at every cross intersections of our neighborhood…) a darkish paint, no reds, oranges or light blue. Dark was the appropriate color for most of the Mercury lowered cars we saw.

The funny thing was that our neighborhood church had a minister/priest that drove a stock looking, white walled black Mercury sedan with spot lights and stock height overall.

upload_2022-6-3_4-12-15.png similar
    It was not quite the custom car, but it fit the needs of the minister/priest. Big, roomy and ominous...
    upload_2022-6-3_4-13-23.png
    But, to be a little different, a suicide door modification added to a hardtop version of the sedan would be different and cool at the same time. Rake? Nah… it had to be lowered to the ground, but yet legal. YRMV

Lil32, Flat Roy, Vonzemo and 13 others like this.
  8. sololobo

sololobo

Off to a great start gang. Bob kicked it off with a classic crew of hot rod cats with a 3 window, awesome! Everyone gets a gold star, thanx for the cool posts.

chriseakin, robber, themoose and 5 others like this.
  9. guy1unico

guy1unico

10. Too busy to create a new piece so re-pops are go!

40WoodyBeachBabeDetail4web.jpg

Beachin'_Delivery_01a.png

A_Drag_001_4web.jpg

Vitamin_C_cab.jpg

Lunar_Lander_01_4web.jpg

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    tr_rodder, Lil32, Flat Roy and 39 others like this.
  11. WalkerMD

WalkerMD

@Jigger The like button just isn’t enough. Every week I’m blown away at your skill. There are of course a lot of good artists here. But your take on things jive with mine. You make it look effortless.
    Love your web page too. I highly recommend it.

jim32 and Jigger like this.

12. That is very kind of you, thank you so much.
    FYI, I have not edited my web sight in years so it does not reflect recent inflationary trends. please DM me here if you see something you are interested in. Inventory is low, browsing is encouraged, tire kicking is not too frowned upon... :cool:
    (this is not intended as a business plug, just a reply.o_O)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. kenmo

kenmo

14. kenmo

kenmo

15. chriseakin

chriseakin

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  16. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

17. Nice work Mark. Mind if I ask what techniques and media you used on the portrait vs. the ‘40?

quick85 and mark schanfeldt like this.
  18. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

Thanks to all who post each week. FAS is the first thing I go looking for with my Saturday morning coffee.

Devin

19. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Devin, I agree, except I wait until Saturday afternoon since there are usually a few late-arrivers. I am very grateful for all of the regular contributors who share their talents with us, and I wonder about all of the artists who used to contribute but no longer visit. I wish I had some of this ability.

20. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Good one, Vonzemo.

21. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

That's a good question. I wonder on occasion how 57 Corvette Bob, Mark and Moose
    do what they do. I was very good at drafting class in school and worked for a time
    as a draftsman but I can't free style draw or sketch to save my soul. My camera is
    my artist's tool and that's mainly for architecture and street life / street art. I may not
    dig everything these three fellows post but I sure appreciate their talent, as I do yours,
    Jigger.

22. Lil32

Lil32