Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 5/29/15 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, May 29, 2015.

1. Martin Harris

Martin Harris

Futuristic C Cab??

2. Martin Harris

Martin Harris

Friday Art Show is always the first thing I check out, and eventually I'll find some time to contribute some work of my own. I enjoy all your work, every one who contributes. Keep up the good work guys!

Jigger likes this.
  3. Jburt keep on truckin'. Others go, who cares. I wish I had less O/T work- it's all commissions these days. That Caballero looks keen in straight red & Skylark wires.

Attached Files:

JBurt, 2NDCHANCE and robber like this.
  4. robber

robber

cp 385.jpg
    JBurt and Spoggie... I agree with you both;) JBurt...long live the spirit! Spoggie... even your OT commissions keep you honed in your craft... it's obvious; and if others don't want to participate, who cares??? We need to keep doin' what we love, in the spirit of this place, ourselves, and each other! We keep the gospel, and the interest alive, through interaction, our unique individual styles, & using the medias of our choice! Many do appreciate seeing the FAS; they look forward to it; they vocalize their appreciation and encouragement. FAS is one of the premier threads of the HAMB! ENJOY!
    Here's a late to the pulpit Saturday FAS bump :D ... "Low Down Long Roof"...

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    Mark A, JBurt, themoose and 2 others like this.
  5. robber

robber

cp 386.jpg ..."Turnpike Gunsight"... :)

6. robber

robber

cp 387.jpg ... "Extreme Bling"... :)

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  7. Turnpike Cruisers & '58 Buicks & a big blon' baaby..
    & well said ol' boy

I'm knockin' these pics out (1st slow winter weekend, down-under ).. Caravelles & straight axles are cool.. 150531\'32&\'Velle-copy.jpg

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    Mark A, JBurt, robber and 3 others like this.
  8. It usually does get a sticky. The mods tend to hit car shows on the road or have life issues that intervene... Not much we can do but bump. It when it's like this...

57 Corvette ~ Bob likes this.
  9. I always appreciate all the artists who post (past and present) in the FAS. Its what Robber wrote "spirit" is what it's all about. I credit the FAS, which in part is those who participate, for getting me into drawing. It's always inspiration for me to see what others have done that keeps me motivated.
    So, a big thanks to all of you. And a bigger thanks to the veterans of FAS who post every Friday (!) since I've known this place, like - Jigger, Corvette Bob, Gary C, Spoggie.

57 Corvette ~ Bob and robber like this.
  10. I'm not sure where the photo that I used to make this came from, it's been in my computer for some time - In high school, I worked for a cop in El Paso that did car repairs nights and weekends, and had a whole wall of tools like this - did some research online and found he passed away in 1991 - this one's for you, Don. FAS neat garage.jpg

Okie Pete, Mark A, Cruisin' and 4 others like this.
  11. Rustomiser

Rustomiser

GUILTY!...I haven't been able to do anything for awhile. as problems, work, building work and problems meant little time for anything of REAL value, which is my art...in fact last week and this are first time have been able to check in and see the as always amazing art. I am halfway through a new piece and must get down to finishing and get back to regular contributing.
    I must admit that years ago I used to be hung up on trad techniques, but now, anything goes. My work is 70/30 traditional acrylic painting and digital, but digital is taking over more. I just love it. I am still mastering the techniques, but it is fun, similar to the buzz I got when I first began painting.
    I appreciate all the art no matter how it is created,..to me it is the content, not the application.
    Gary,...fantastic imagination, as have you all.
    Frogz,..Corvette Bob, Spoggie , moose and EVERYONE else,..great stuff. Don't stop.

12. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Great work from everyone again this week ........ ( bump )

Cruisin' likes this.
  13. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thrilling image Robber! The rest of yours are great as well - I always look forward to your intense colors and compositions.

robber likes this.
  14. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Beautifully done, Mark! Tons of visual impact. The Ford pickup is amazing too.

Jigger likes this.
  15. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Superb Phillippe! I love the clever title too.

16. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Always cool, always well done.

57 Corvette ~ Bob likes this.
  17. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Definitely Art!

18. robber

robber

Gallons of thanks, Dan Greenberg! To get a critique from you is "thrilling"! I look up to you as a "master craftsman"; you inspire many! I look forward to seeing who likes what, here on the FAS. Our tastes are diverse :) This thread shows me that what is my fav of my stuff, is not the one that our fellow Hambers usually "like" the most, of my submissions. Interesting phenomenon. You made my day by mentioning "Track Star", as that was my fav, of my submissions, this week! Thank you, Sir!

Jigger likes this.
  19. waldo53

waldo53
    from ID

Hey, I know this place, and that guy, and that car. Burger Time has been (and still is) a favorite hot rod hangout on Sat. night. It's been right here, on Orchard in Boise, ID since the 50's. Rick is president of the Baron's car club, and can be found right here on any given Sat.

20. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thanks Dan, always much appreciated .........

21. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Very Nice!!

22. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Stunning shot and of a very unusual ornament. I have never seen one.

23. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

I would LOVE to see one of these modified like this in real life.

24. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

This is a little OT but I did it as a digital experiment. Digital is cool but I just don't get the same level of satisfaction from it. DIG002-2000X1600-0515-L.jpg

Mark A, Cruisin', robber and 2 others like this.
  25. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Nicely done!

26. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Very cool ......

27. JBurt

JBurt

Thanks for the responses everyone.
    Always good to "see" you Dan.
    I'm going to have to figure out what that first HO is off of. I know it was a Stude. I'll have to figure out what year.
    Correction: this is on a 34 Studebaker
    [​IMG]

Mark A, robber and 57 Corvette ~ Bob like this.
  28. FAS engraved plaque 1.jpg I have a laser engraving business and did a little series of these 6x8 alder plaques with the laser a few years back...................

cac646, Cruisin', Zapato and 2 others like this.
  29. A great show as usual! I haven't contributed lately for a number of reasons;mostly that a lot of my work is production stuff that brings in money but little satisfaction;and when I do something that might merit posting I always seem to forget to bring my camera.Add to the fact that a computer crash awhile ago and all of my pictures of artwork vanished and no back up.The remaining ones are pretty old and may or may not have been posted earlier. Health issues with my wife(mostly) and myself usually leave little time for the computer.
    I am constantly amazed by the variety of work that makes up the Friday Art Show and congratulate all who participate and hope they will continue to do so in the future.Know that your work is appreciated here even though I may not always respond.

Cruisin', robber and Rustomiser like this.