Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 3/6/20 >>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Mar 5, 2020.

1. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

2. wicarnut

wicarnut

Barney Oldfield at speed in his Green Dragon - Barney Oldfield painting by Gerald Freeman[​IMG]

David Gersic, 2bubbas, BigO and 35 others like this.
  3. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

'29 Mercury 200304.jpg
    " '29 Mercury "

4. wicarnut

wicarnut

Britt Madding Artwork [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

David Gersic, BigO, Stogy and 32 others like this.

5. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll try and post some of my old art work over the next few weeks. All of it was only used once...which is a shame...so feel free to use or copy any of it.

COLOR stuff is old T-shirt art for our clubs annual car show. Most of it is drawn 4-color so it could be digitized for silk screen or transfer.
    BLACK & WHITE stuff for Junkyard News which I co-pulished in the '80s, Also some old car show flyer art.
    CARTOONS from Street Rodder Magazine...was a Contributing Artist for them in the '70s

arc2.jpg arb7.jpg 100_3582.jpg

David Gersic, BigO, Stogy and 43 others like this.
  7. Frogz

Frogz

Wahooooooooo, great start guys !
    BigO, asked me me to draw his cool '47 coupe and allowed me to show it on the HAMB.
    Thanks BigO, it was really fun to do.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    2bubbas, BigO, Stogy and 34 others like this.
  8. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Digging this!
    [​IMG]

2bubbas, Von Brush, Stogy and 15 others like this.
  9. 200222Lakes32rdstrink.jpg

200223aLLJap+CC1.jpg

recent things- studied deuce gone abstract/ Japanese boredom (Crown Deluxe).

1) ink.
    2) Pencil. Both on paper.

Good day to you all.

David Gersic, BigO, Stogy and 35 others like this.
  10. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg Cool Friday start, here is a Square Bird .

David Gersic, BigO, Stogy and 29 others like this.
  11. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-3-6_4-9-46.png
    Hello,

Ever since I met my wife in college, it was her odd car that was somewhat attractive. An American Porsche in design, anyway… It was her first own car bought with her own money made while she was a long distance operator in Anaheim. She was proud of that car as it was a reliable daily driver to school and work. It had to be reliable at work because she worked the swing shift, and starting up in the darken parking lot at midnight was scary to say the least. At least for a teenage girl.

If you made a long distance call back then, she connected you to anywhere in the Eastern seaboard. She told me that shifting those little levers and pulling out those steel tip cords all over the switchboard was fun and never boring. Although it seemed like it was sticking in those long criss-crossed cords in little holes. She got paid and paid off the cost of her first car.

When the Corvair came out, it was well received by car designers and the general public. But, a fanatic author used the misinformation to criticize and ostracize this new design.

“While Nader viewed most automobiles to be dangerous, he targeted the Chevrolet Corvair due to its unconventional design. Unlike many other vehicles, the Corvair utilized a swing-axle suspension system. This specific system on the Corvair caused tire pressure requirements that were not in line with existing industry standards."

"These unregulated requirements were often not filled by the owners of Corvairs. While this was a major problem of the original Corvair, a larger problem developed from the vehicle’s inability to bear heavy loads without handling issues developing. Over-steering issues were also caused by the absence of an anti-sway bar in the Corvair. While these are real issues, it is important to note that many drivers of Corvairs did not experience any problems with handling.”

It was a cool looking car, but the one my wife bought was a light blue. Not the best, but for the price a teenager could afford, it was the best. Over the years we both drove the Corvair, it was reliable, but in the last year of operation for us, it had two faults. One, it stopped for no reason on a windy, empty, Coast Highway near some oil fields. Luckily, I was coming back from Laguna Beach and happen to see a nice looking girl standing next to that Corvair on the side of the road. Lucky for me and her.

Then next time was another mysterious stoppage in East Los Angeles around 10:30 pm near the LA General Hospital. East LA? A few days at our friend’s garage fixed the Corvair for smooth running. Then I got the “word(s)” “let’s get rid of it…” two times within a month made us give the car to her uncle. He was desperate and now was the owner of a light blue Corvair.

Jnaki

If the Corvair was not painted the light blue, but a nice red, we may have taken a third try at keeping the Corvair. But, two major stoppages caused us to think otherwise. We never drove fast, rounded corners like a sports car and never had the cause to worry about flipping over. So, what was the big deal? It only leaked oil that could not be fixed, by me at least… The later model Corvairs were really neat cars, but by then, the public damage was done. It was given away…

upload_2020-3-6_4-10-50.png

12. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg Another brick in the wall !

David Gersic, BigO, Stogy and 30 others like this.
  13. Vector art for future laser cut signs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

David Gersic, Stogy, pwschuh and 29 others like this.
  14. echo ed

echo ed
    from fla.

Some very nice stuff today, have some good memories of a '62 Corvair Monza. Thanks to everyone who posted pictures.

Stogy and jnaki like this.
  15. Happy Friday folks !

A little post-impressionism for all you art history buffs !!

[​IMG]

And another HAMB Hot Wheel that most of you should recognize.

[​IMG]

BigO, Stogy, pwschuh and 35 others like this.
  16. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks @gnichols. We ended up using a modified version of this design for our club logo. Also had it embroidered on our club satin jackets. 100_3832.jpg

David Gersic, BigO, Stogy and 28 others like this.
  17. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tired (of winter) this week. Good Show folks! 61DF1E5D-3367-4BE2-8F62-4DC9F5ADBBB6.jpeg 0D1F57B1-DF4C-492B-B523-A2CF0416B0B8.jpeg

2bubbas, Stogy, Wild Willy and 25 others like this.
  18. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Hey, I know that building and the street, don't recall the 'bird though.
    Kool.

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and edcodesign like this.
  19. ...a few T-shirt/flyers designs from the last few years 2020 scrap drive 001.jpg scrap drive 17 005.jpg scrap drive 8 001.jpg ...

20. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Staged picture for the local newspaper. Homemade trophy for a car show. Lets see some of your mug shots. 51826143e643b_preview-620.jpg

David Gersic, BigO, Stogy and 30 others like this.
  21. BigEd

BigEd

What a great start to the FAS!!!

57 Corvette - Bob STUNNING!!!

Stogy, themoose and 57 Corvette ~ Bob like this.
  22. Thank you!

Stogy likes this.
  23. Cree

Cree
    from Montana

Carport
    oil on canvas 18x25 carport_72.jpg

David Gersic, 2bubbas, BigO and 44 others like this.
  24. Me To!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

BigO, Stogy, 1947knuck and 3 others like this.
  25. Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  26. It's Friday already? o_O Some great work this week everyone.:cool:
    My contribution.
    IMG_5631 (2).JPG

BigO, Stogy, Wild Willy and 23 others like this.
  27. "Road Trip" or going to find rusty iron!
    IMG_6174.JPG

28. robber

robber

..."blue meanie"... :cool:
    cp 990.JPG