Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 2/22/19 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Feb 21, 2019.

1. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

A little OT, but the only new work I have .............

Get Your Motor Running.jpg

2. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

3. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

Plymouth Mild custom. Very cool car! DSC_3599.jpg

4. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

5. He guys. I missed last week... No reason, just lost track of time. LOL!

I'm planning to be at the Detroit Autorama where I'll be in the basement with the cool kids.
    Some stuff I'm taking will include these pieces. Also, I'll have my pencils and tablets of illustration paper... Note, no photo manipulation here, all hand drawn. ( admittedly, a couple are digital paintings but they are still hand-drawn. LOL!!!)

T-23_Dude_4web.jpg

57_Chevy_Nates_Handyman_01.jpg

Max_Wedge_V_Ponch_421SD_4web.jpg

This is the finished rendering of "Le's GO!" done in pen & ink and markers on mineral paper, a stone based velum.
    it is 11 x 14"

Lets_Go_Illustration_4web.jpg
    By way of comparison, here, again, is the original digital rendering. sorry for the poor exposure above, my scanner is sucking wind...

Let's Go-3a.jpg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    48fordnut, Lepus, b-bop and 44 others like this.
  6. Frogz

Frogz

Great show guys !
    OT too, but nothing new I can share.

[​IMG]

Lepus, b-bop, 50 customcoupe and 36 others like this.
  7. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

Painted this when I was 14 image.jpeg

8. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

9. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

10. Good morning, a great show guys. Bob, thanks for the memories. I love your work. This is an old sketch that I did, way back in school. I was bit by the Easy Rider, and Hells angels bug back then. lol { and Hot Rods too! } Ron... 038.jpg

11. When I look out my window in my neck of the woods all I see is snow so I thought I'd green things up a bit with a little crazy concept art.

HAMB.jpg

12. I took this photo from one of my old albums. I used my phone filter to make it artsy. It may just be me. But I kinda liked the original photo better. So here's the original.:) 20190222_064538.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

14. catdad49

catdad49

I see Spoggie slept in this week! Great start gents.

15. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2019-2-22_4-38-28.png
    Northern California background, near Santa Cruz. (an old wooden shed near a coastal forest)

Hello,

In 1968, we were together on our own. For the first time, it was the start of something special for the both of us. A low cost apartment, two funky cars, a little cute puppy, and the whole world ahead were waiting for our new adventures. But, both of us needed to finish our final years of college and start our long trek into the future. There were final classes to finish, term papers to write and there had to be an outlet of sorts to make sense of our young, but hectic lives.

I took an Advanced Photography/Art Printing class in college. I needed something extra for our portfolio to perhaps give to customers in this genre. The Triumph Bonneville TT motor just gave the smooth lines needed to offset the intricate build of the bike. I tried several Harley shots and they did not look as good in this art class project, no matter which way I shot the bikes.

The photo of the Triumph was in a magazine, but I cannot remember which one. The process to get it here in this stage was difficult. It took many tries to get it so there were no runs or blurred parts of the final project. I wish I had kept the other color prints, but out of many tries, color combinations and even b/w, this color combo got me the “A” for the final project and in the class.

These are the classes that all colleges should have for development of skills to use for future careers. But, there has to be some that fall into relaxing, no nonsense, fun classes in those grueling 4 years. This class ended up one of those fun ones and was a very time consuming class. But, after many errors and dreadful prints, there were some successes.

Jnaki

Being twenty-something was a great time during this, so far, long lifespan. It did give us our prospective of our future place in society and created a fun timeline project along the way. I would take a class like this (again) in a heartbeat, just because it was so much fun. I learned a skill that was a lifelong part of our art history and who knows, could have been a great business.

16. HIDDEN

HIDDEN

17. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  18. lots of great stuff already today, keep em comin,...here's some new ones ...
    woodart 2019 173.jpg woodart 2019 174.jpg woodart 2019 031.jpg

Lepus, pwschuh, b-bop and 37 others like this.
  19. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gotta get up early to catch this train...but the view's always GREAT! Thanks Gents!

Nothin special today, just wanted to share my favorite Wiper Off Switch. Art DSC_0046.JPG

20. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

21. Rusty, love'n your big three, and really cool pencil sketches Ed. Just great stuff from everyone. {So Thanks }! An old sketch of the R.I.P. pickup after it's been Hot Rodded.:) 20170309_230356.jpg

BigO, b-bop, 50 customcoupe and 28 others like this.
  22. I just make these up as I go. From my bald head. Multi-year Chevy Truck.
    Art Show 2019-02-21 007 (2).jpg

23. Ok, lets get more traditional! Art Show 2019-02-21 003 (2).jpg

24. A piece I did for a charity auction...

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

25. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Here's you're land speed fix
    SpeedWeek August 10-16 2019
    ROLLING BONES COUPE HAMB.jpg
    The retired Rolling Bones Coupe

26. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

24DC980B-882E-4FD9-980F-B05E0DB59784.jpeg haven't posted in a while, but raining all week gave time to do something

Lepus, ct1932ford, pwschuh and 25 others like this.