Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 2/14/20 >>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Frogz

Frogz

Great job guys!
    Thanks a lot 40two, really well appreciated.

OLSKOOL57, 40two and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  2. Cool doodles { 31Apickup }! That reminds of a { STORY. } I've been bad for doing doodles since I was a kid. I doodled on all my school books, and note pads etc. Years ago I had to take a D.M.V. driver's class for because of some speeding tickets. The Instructor passed out a pamphlet with a cartoon of a 50's styled car on it's cover. He was walking around the room talking about safe driving. All I heard was bah, bah, bah. So not thinking, I started doodling on the little pamphet. I end up adding a 671 GM blower, headers, slicks, and even a Rat Fink poking through the roof. By this time, I wasn't paying too much attention to him as he walked by. He took my doodle from me. Then up to the front of the class, and showed it to everyone! I remember him telling the class that there was NO HOPE for me! lol I don't have that doodle. But here's one that reminds me of it. Ron.... 1431.jpg

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  3. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sweethearts. Right in step. FD36C93A-E677-43F7-ABE6-280833904A8B.jpeg Hot Rod Fallout.

kiwijeff, Stogy, robber and 11 others like this.
  4. jnaki

jnaki

Friday Art Project for 21420
    upload_2020-2-14_7-30-18.png
    Hey Guys/Gals,
    It is not too late to get this project finished with your personal touches. Select a good photo or drawing, follow the steps and it should be done in about 40-45 minutes ready to send or attach to a nice box of chocolates.
    upload_2020-2-14_6-58-16.png Style of photo to be attached to the pop up or fold out section.
    Jnaki

Out of the old memory box was an idea for this year's Valentine's Day card for our granddaughter. We spent plenty of hours at our house since she was 6 months old. Also, at her real house, with many hours in the garage, playing, drawing and just having fun. So, the story of the bright red convertible from down the street comes into play. Picture a little toddler girl standing on her driveway waving to this cool red convertible driving past her house.

It was the sight of the red convertible that always made a fun time. But when we were in the garage with the door open, she heard the rumbling noise of the powerful motor and ran to the middle of the driveway to see the convertible coming our way. That memory was fun for us and thought she would be a person growing up as a car person. Who knows, she is 14, in high school and has plenty of things rolling around her head, these days. But, that memory will stick in her head as her recollection of most of the things my wife and I have done together with our granddaughter. It is still alive and well, in those teenage memory banks. That is a good thing.

Jnaki
    Have fun making this pop up fold out personalized card. get started now...almost 17 hours left.

upload_2020-2-14_7-24-20.png

This was posted in the Car Valentine's thread:

Hello,

As long as we have been together, my wife and I do special things for those commercial holidays, like Valentine’s Day. Sure, it is much easier to buy a set of cards and hand them out like we used to do in elementary school, but we are a little older now. So, a creative way to do custom cut, art cards is a process, but doable for anyone with fine drawing and cutting skills. Here is a project that will take a short while to finish. You have 3 days to make one or several. It gets easier the more you make.

1. Pop up card outline upload_2020-2-14_7-32-56.png
    2. Cut sides with X-ACTO knife upload_2020-2-14_7-33-37.png
    3. Draw the red convertible or your own hot rod photo. upload_2020-2-14_7-37-41.png
    4. Center and glue to fold out upload_2020-2-14_7-38-14.png
    5. Add in the drawing or your photo upload_2020-2-14_7-38-48.png
    6. upload_2020-2-14_7-39-15.png The whole process of this finished card, other than making the envelope out of one sheet of paper, is to write something nice inside and sign it. It took 42 minutes to select, print, cut, fold, glue and put on the colorful final outside sheet for the finished look.
    7. Option: add in a pop out dangling heart with the person’s name on it upload_2020-2-14_7-39-49.png
    8. fold a card stock strip into triangles upload_2020-2-14_7-40-18.png
    9. add the red heart
    upload_2020-2-14_7-40-44.png
    10. add in your handwritten comments or paste commercial sayings…
    11. add a thin sheet of smooth colored paper for a sealed backsheet.
    upload_2020-2-14_7-41-20.png
    12. upload_2020-2-14_7-42-23.png Need an envelope? Here is an expandable design to fit your custom card.

It is a home-made card, so there will be some little defects. But, it is the only one of its kind and therefore, rare. Our granddaughter loves something special and this one was for her. Since she moved to her last house at age three, she has been awed at the sight and sound of the neighborhood hot rod guy’s car that lives down the street. It is a mild custom Ford Falcon Sprint model with a mean sounding motor. It sits on a slight rake and cruises down the street to get out of the tract. So, we have been seeing the red convertible cruise by a zillion times.
    upload_2020-2-14_7-42-57.png

At first, our granddaughter would run to the edge of the garage opening. She would then stand and look at the cool convertible idling by. She did wave many times. It was like watching a parade with a celebrity waving back. Then she would get back to whatever we were all doing inside of the garage play area. Drawing, painting, make believe acting, skating on scooters, etc. She was a "do all" kind of little toddler. But, the minute she heard that rumbling sound, she always ran to the edge of the garage to look at the red convertible.
    upload_2020-2-14_7-44-1.png
    Jnaki

Well, it had been 11 years and she is now a 14 year old teenager on the lookout for her first car. A Jeep 4 door vehicle like her friend’s dad owns, a smaller 2 door Jeep hard top shell were her two choices around several months ago. I know from pricing insurance for our son, both of those are a little steep for a teenager. Well can you imagine the cost of a cool vintage hot rod convertible? We might have to consider a bigger sedan to start off before she goes away to college.

So, here is a card in steps that anyone can make to fit their needs. It was fun to draw the red convertible as it brought back plenty of younger day memories of playing in our granddaughter’s yard and garage. We were a couple of old folks spirited back into service as a couple of young teenagers with plenty of energy to run around for hours without a nap!!!

It was a fun project and our granddaughter still likes surprises.

5. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^You crafty devil you!^^^

kiwijeff, Lil32, OLSKOOL57 and 2 others like this.
  6. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

64DA30A5-678A-4BF6-9CDF-1D518808AD90.jpeg Found a rusty old sign blank in the scrap bin at work. Some one shot and then some gloss clear coat . Done

7. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thanks Dick, much appreciated ............

OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  8. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Some of my vintage sketches from the late 70’s in IMG_0849.JPG IMG_0850.JPG high school

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

So, what's with the Nazi shit? I kinda get the Luftwaffe cross, but what's with the swastika?

David Gersic and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  11. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Its no secret that I don't know jack...but my valentine does!
    upload_2020-2-14_9-37-6.png

12. 31Apickup

31Apickup

13. guy1unico

guy1unico

14. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. 1747.jpg I'm SORRY I added that too. Back then I thought I was a bad boy, and even thought r, rods were cool. But I saw my evil ways, and I'm over it now! Here's one for the U.S.A.

16. rooman

rooman

My valentine at work in her midget back in the 1980's. Art by my "Goode" mate Lee in Adelaide, South Australia
    Jenny midget.jpg

Roo

17. Dang Dude that’s awesome!

chryslerfan55 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  18. 208custom

208custom

Great stuff everyone! A few newer ones from me.
    AMBR 2020 Shirt.jpg Dusty 2.jpg 40 Phaeton 2.jpg

19. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20. { Thanks for a great Valentine F.A.S.} A photo of my little Hot Rod Valentine. { Ruthie } 687.jpg

21. Running late!!! Those job things get in the way of fun!
    Any here it goes!!!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

22. Les Paul would approve.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

41 GMC K-18 and 1947knuck like this.
    Jigger, 41 GMC K-18 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  24. sololobo

sololobo

sololobo loves 2nd Chances Lone Wolf art on the old rusty sign blank!!

25. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Heavy metal...crank it up!

41 GMC K-18 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  26. 56 Dodge Pickup likes this.
  27. thank you

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  28. You’re welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

29. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Where-were-you.jpg
    Credit to All that inspired this

robber, David Gersic, 40two and 8 others like this.
  30. What happened to all the cars out in the water, good legs.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.