Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >>>>Friday Art Show 12/19/08 <<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GaryC., Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaryC.

GaryC.

Nader's Nightmare.
    The Corvair didn't die at the hand of Ralph Nader.
    It lives on as The CorvaiRod. Chopped, narrowed,
    sliced lengthwise in four places it could fit on a hot rod chassis.

The color would be Kandy Green Party Lime.
    The interior could be done in rumpled gray flannel
    like one of Ralph's suits.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  2. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Nice Gary
    Your work has really stepped up a bunch of notches lately.

I was not happy with a painting I had done earlier so I went back and laid some Kandy red over it. Added some highlights to it. Now I'm much happier.
    [​IMG]
    8"X10" Acrylic with candy apple red enamel.
    BR
    Was looking around and saw there was a friday art show, thought to myself is it friday already? Time to get some shut eye.

3. GaryC.

GaryC.

Thanks Bernie!.... as has yours!

4. Very well done Gary! I agree with Bernie; you're really making progress in giant leaps.

Bernie - I liked that painting already and I still do; I guess you have arrived at your "red period" ;)

Here's a 3-color T-shirt I did for Firebird Raceway of Idaho for their "Oldies but Goodies Drags" nostalgia drag event of past season:

[​IMG]

5. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Well I finished up this the other day. It is all I have for this week. :(

Attached Files:

6. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Nice job Dutch, Locab and GaryC. You guys are bad ass!

7. Hey I was there got the T-shirt to prove it..............;)

Great work by the way.

8. Thanks to the folks with words of support last Friday. Dad is pulling through but life will be different as it often is when illness strikes. Hopefully he'll be home for christmas.
    Tell the ones you love that you love 'em..

MERRY CHRISTMAS !

Attached Files:

9. jez-h-r

jez-h-r

This was drawn for my christmas cards last year, now funked up a little courtesy of the mighty photoshop.

[​IMG]

10. Janne

Janne

Chevy PU. Illustration for Finnish car magazines project car.

Check out my updated website too:
    www.jannekutja.com

Attached Files:

11. Dutch, Lowcab, GaryC and janne - all great stuff.

Here's a logo I'm working on for those cool cats over at Royal Kustoms here in the UK...

Happy Christmas to all everyone.

Attached Files:

12. Not much, a few technical problems lately...it´s not 100% done though...

[​IMG]

13. super cool!

14. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

Very cool, I have had the same idea for the past few months, only for a corvair wagon. If you think about it the early corvairs have some cool body lines if you cut them up right. Been looking around for one but no luck yet.

15. All I can say is.........

[​IMG]

16. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Kool: Is this a casting, etc?

17. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

18. Digital treatment of Dec. calendar art I showed a few shows back...

[​IMG]

and my Avery inspired piece for next month's New Year's Nuisance show at Gasoline Gallery...

"Don't feed the Animals"

23.5" x 13" Oils and mixed media on wood.

[​IMG]

19. Britt8M

Britt8M

Gary C---That Corvair Rod is an insane, you should email it to Ralf Nadar!!!
    Locab--cool painting I like the angle from in the car!
    Dutch Courage--I love that t-shirt design, the colors really help make it look classic!
    Jez-h-r --merry christmas to you, great truck
    Dogmartin---I like your illustration, clean and cool
    Robschwager----Awsome Christmas Calander page, you need to post the other pages too... That painting is also cool, I'm a big fan of anything Tex Avery especially the wolf.
    I really enjoyed all the artwork from everybody even the ones I didn't mention, you guys did a super job..

20. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Hey Gary great print you know I have the softspot for corvairs, and its funny one of the new pics I was going to post today is of a corvair lol. I know a little o/t on content, but this is some of the new stuff for the coffee table book I am making of this guys car collection. Dont forget to check out our newly updated website www.NotStockPhotography.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. widewhitewalls

widewhitewalls
    from Michigan

Seasons Greetings from the frozen tundra that is Detroit. Great show as always! You guys must get up pretty early to show off the art!

I took an hour out this week to take a look around the old Packard Motor Company factory for some photographic moments. The Packard Motor Co. never made it around long enough to enjoy the 21st century and the strife that Detroit faces, but it's skeletal structure is around none the less to remind us here that US auto manufactures are fragile.

[​IMG]

Once upon a time this was a beautiful structure that produced some of the finest vehicles that Detroit had to offer. As you probably know The Packard Co was basically swallowed up by Studebaker in 1956, but the nearly 4 million square feet remain (well, basically). Kinda weird how much their history sort of mimics the big three's current situation.

Here is how it sits as of today:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is just a small sample of everything. I have more pics on my website blog and I'm going to try and get some more up in another few days. Enjoy.

22. CheapSheep

CheapSheep

Handcut text and logo, screen printed on the back my denim vest. Damn, i sat for hours cut that text out, my mom (who e.g. print custom one-color prints) did the actual printing.

[​IMG]

23. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

GaryC, that's killer! Creative use of an already out-of-the-box ride!
    LOWCAB, as always, bitchin'... Phred, love your work!! Dutch Courage, great design! Jez-h-r, Merry Christmas to you, too! Robschwager, you rule. Period.
    Janne, that's awesome, and congrats on the great artwork last R-n-C!!
    Acrochicken, I dig your work more and more each time I see it!
    Everyone, great stuff so far!

I had been playing with the 3D pics again, and have experimented with anaglyph production a bit more, this time in Illustrator (vs standard Photoshop production for this kind of imagery).... Anyway, here's the latest (grab some cyan/red glasses and enjoy) :

[​IMG]

...and a shot of that roadster from the above piece (no glasses needed... unless you have a prescription, I suppose... but other than that... OK, contacts, maybe... But no 3D glasses needed. Unless you want to) in 2D.

[​IMG]

24. sololobo

sololobo

As usual, I liked best what I was viewing at the time!! Santa little helper hanging the ornaments could stop by and do my tree, or me. Nice work everyone. Th 54 pickup from Finland is bad to the bone. Thanks to all and Happy Holidays el Artistos!!~Sololobo~

25. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Thanks F.P on the kind words on our work

Great pics wide whites its a shame a cool old building goes to ruin like that

26. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Really! This is all you have to contribute?

WOW! Incredible work

27. Gary-really cool rendering! I, too, have a soft spot for Corvairs, though I have never had one! Cool use for an unwanted 4-door! Looks like Project#3!

28. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

what a great start to the Show guys. IT's been a while since I've posted anything so...

I thought I'd post a shot of this WORK IN PROGRESS. It is a portfolio for a Tattoo Artist. It is made of Cow Hide and Shows the Great State of Texas (inlayed with Black Lizrd) being coveted by a Fire Dragon. The Body of the Dragon is inlayed with Red Stingray and the Eyes are glowing with a Sunburst Orange colored Stingray inlay. The details are all layed out in contrasting White, Red, and Orange Stitching....
    again, This is a work in progress, thus the stitching details in the face, whiskers, and hand are not complete

[​IMG]

29. Speedrome

Speedrome
    from Irving, TX

I really enjoy this show every week.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
    Never thought I would have anything to contribute but if you will bear with me this week I have some “yard art” I built for Christmas.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    1926 Model T Santa sleigh
    [​IMG]
    More details on the build:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318201
    Merry Christmas!
    Bart

30. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

great start guys,

still nothing new from me, got a bunch of 1/2 finished projects on the go. Here are a few older ones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.