Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 12/12/14 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Dec 12, 2014.

1. robber

robber

cp 069.jpg ..."No Make Up"...

JBurt, Frogz, Mark A and 1 other person like this.
  2. robber

robber

cp 079.jpg ..."Make Up"...

3. robber

robber

cp 256.jpg ...Mirrorcury"... :)

JBurt, Mark A and Cruisin' like this.
  4. Mark A

Mark A
    from Michigan

Thank you for the like's from the last show. There is a lot of beautiful work and pics this week. Happy Holidays everyone. chevelle-69.jpg ford-j1.jpg Ford-Ava.jpg

JBurt, verde742, Merlin and 4 others like this.
  5. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Its on Amazon right here If anybody thinks Im spamming, Im not. I get NO money from this it all goes to some corporate publisher.

Spoggie likes this.
  6. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

Here I am getting in late entries again. A couple pencil sketches, one based on my own photo, one based on a vintage photo.
    sketch259.jpg
    sketch260.jpg

David

little red 50, JBurt, Mark A and 2 others like this.
  7. Great show gang! I'm late but I have a good reason… Been a bit busy on some commissions.

Well, I had an image in my brain that I had to hash out. I did several sketches but these two turned out the closest to what I'd visualized. The first I did this evening, the other I started a few nights ago the initial sketch of both cars took abou 5 minutes, well, 10-15 because I kept nodding of while I was trying to drop it on paper...

I tied it down a few minutes ago… It's still Friday somewhere...

"High Flyer Deuce"

[​IMG]

"High Flyin' Finger Deuce"

[​IMG]

JBurt, verde742, Merlin and 6 others like this.
  8. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Love the girl hanging the moon!

Spoggie likes this.
  9. Justa couple from my piles off the floor.
    Nomad gasser
    nomad_gasser.jpg
    Vette
    vette.jpg
    From America's dairyland, hula-hoopin' cow pin-up.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
    Frogz, Cruisin', Davkin and 5 others like this.
  10. Mine is not as cool as what I've seen here but it has been Great therapy...

I painted it with One Shot on a new canvas drop cloth and it's about 6 feet by 6 feet and I had the edges sewn with upper and lower pole pockets.

red indian 1.jpg

dogmartin, Mark A, Frogz and 8 others like this.
  11. I like that!

12. Retro61

Retro61

13. Thanks I did 4 paintings after My sweethearts passing and I'd like to find a new owner for it.

14. That's cool wingnutz.

Bob, those 'paintings' look killer.

Clysdale, Amazing!

Frogz, Dig dat CV

Spoggie, All your stuff is amazing! Thanks for sharing the goodness Steve-O! (love the one with the Big Continental and the Packard-ized roaster is too much)

Hellfish, Love the lamps. I voted…
    Bruce, that 300 is a stunner. (wish watermarks weren't necessary)
    Buickk59, thank you for the comment, love your work this week.
    dogmartin, nice work.
    Nice stripin' fiat gasser
    Dig your Stutter Buggin' robber and Cruisin'
    Nice sketches Marc, Davkin, Rusty1

Mark A, thanks for contributing, You'll need to work on keeping it on topic tho, Traditinal Hot Rods, Classic Customs, Nostalgic drags Car culture related stuff in the traditiol mold, noting newer that 1964. ( some times, the last one is allowed a slip but not very often. don't want to see ya get your stuff deleted but it could happen bud.)

robber likes this.
  15. verde742

verde742

yeah Mark the girls are 'right on, just put'em with earlier hot rods..please..:rolleyes:

16. Zykotec

Zykotec

Are we allowed to post photoshops here too ?It was made for a competition with a deadline, so it's not as good as I'd like it to be though.
    [​IMG]

JBurt and Mark A like this.
  17. Mark A

Mark A
    from Michigan

Thank you for telling me that I had no idea. I really din't no. I can do Traditional Hot Rods and work on keeping on topic, Thank you Jigger.

Jigger likes this.
  18. Glad to be of help Mark. Keep drawing man!

19. Apart from the modern induction systems and Pro-Street running gear… I don't think too many would complain about an occasional photoshop job as long as it shows a lot of creativity. Doesn't mean you won't have detractors and critics. Younger artists grow up learning digital editing and photo manipulation, some do it because they don't have drafting abilities with pencil, pen or paint but they still have creative vision. If the computer offers the opportunity to be creative, as long as it is on topic, I say fire away. You'll find out quick if people agree or disagree with your stuff but use it as constructive, not destructive criticism. Also, try to post by Friday night, ;)

20. Well said Mark, "If the computer offers the opportunity to be creative".
    The wheelie poppin', double blowin' engine '59 Caddy does have a lot of impact (which I dig).