Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Friday art post - I have waited long enough.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KCsledz, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

cool show thus far! here's two knobs i finished over the last two weeks. the first is a pretty nice cholo loco lowrider. mi impala needs one of these i think. watched blues brothers the other day and damned if it doesn't look like cab calloway's character too, what with his hat worn lower than jake and elwood. hat ribbon is all there and has a little feather sticking out of it like most hats did.

second knob is the late WWI german. i kinda wanted to do one in this vein, but really don't want to do anything nazi... this helmet originated the style that would become the evil nazi icon in WWII. fully detailed, has the liner and chinstrap rivets, as well as the two frankenstein looking lugs up top. these were vents, but stuck out to mount a piece of forehead armor upon to protect from sniping in the trenches.

helmet debuted in 1916 and was made until 1918. i have one that was painted silver when i got it and had an original in-the-trench painted camo pattern under the silver. scuffed it and found the pattern after i saw the telltale colors through some cracks in the silver. in-trench painted helmets were painted by those with some artistic experience or brush time, and didn't follow the specific patterns used by factories, and mine had an iron cross painted on its crown.

last pic is a sneak peak of THE BEST SHIFTER KNOB EVER in progress.

all of these are in wax and await mold making and aluminum casting.

Attached Files:

2. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

zee german. the M1916 "stalhelms" differ from the WWII helmets in that they are taller, have the lugs for the armor plate, and have a longer bill out front.

Attached Files:

3. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

side shot

Attached Files:

4. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

last one, best shifter knob ever. cmon, what else would you want to hold onto all the time???? i'll put up a shot of the finished product in sculpting wax next week.

Attached Files:

5. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Nice work chromed rat are you gonna try to cast them in resin. If ya need any advice on casting them shoot me pm some of the under cuts in em might make them a little difficult to do but as always theres always a way to do it it will just have to be multi peice mold.

6. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

nah man, all aluminum right here! i do lost wax casting and as long as i vent appropriately, there's not much i can't cast. thanks tho!

7. RockyJr

RockyJr
    from Wichita KS

Another fine art show this week guys...it never ceases to amaze me.

Here's a couple things I did earlier this week.

4" Husker Fink on a wiper motor cover for Don Beason's 54 Buick. Really slick car that I hope to putting some lines on soon.

[​IMG]

Dad's the KKOA Kansas Rep and this is for him to present to the owner of the car he digs most at KKOA this weekend.

My lettering is still pretty weak in general but slowly getting better. Dad loved it so that's good enough for me.

[​IMG]

8. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

chromedrat so your hand carving each and only getting one per run.

here another sketch looks a bit off blown up I drew it like 4" wide
    56 lincoln w a 60 starliner roof and shoebox tail lights
    [​IMG]

9. TBonez

TBonez

nuttin' from me this week...........shits in the camera just to damn busy to download..........leadsledolds thats some killer work on the pin kool stuff , 'n everyone great show of art as usuall. Ill be ready next week!!!!!!

10. oldstriper

oldstriper
    Member Emeritus

I appreciate seeing the varied talents here....thought I drop in a couple of my new decals.....sorry for the watermark

Attached Files:

11. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Same one above cleaned up something is still off though.
    [​IMG]

12. Empire32

Empire32
    from FRANCE

latest pinstriping jobs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Rikster

Rikster

NOT my art...
    but these paintings of the Old Custom Car shops are made by Mike Scott aka The Striper from Florida's Murphy & the Striper.

He started out by doing a series on the Barris customs all parked in front of the Barris Shop with different signs/differnt years.

His lates work is from the Alexander Brothers and Darryl Starbird. And The Hartford Armory AUTORAMA 1959. Currently he is working on paintings of the Gene Winfield shop, Joe Bailon and Bill Chusenberry.

I have 11x17 prints of all of these and they are really fun to look at. Each time I look I see new things and little details I had overlooked before.

More info on these prints can be found on my website:

Mike Scott Custom Car Art

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Murphy & the Striper are ofcoars best known for the restoration of the Cushenberry "El Matador" so Mike made a great painting of that as well.

[​IMG]

14. Robin B

Robin B
    from Finland

15. 2"

2"

Brilliant stuff Rikster, thanks for showing it to all of us.

16. Janne

Janne

Can't see any?

EDIT: works now!!! Wow!

17. AntiBling

AntiBling

I'm always amazed at the talent on this site.

My humble offerings, went to the Driven Customs/Suedes Hot Rod Drags last weekend, great event if you've never went, you should go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This guy, I didn't care for the IFS on it, but couldn't deny it was a cool car, maybe because this guy was out there working it like no other in the burnout box.

[​IMG]

And when deviantart quits being the messed up site it is, this picture will be online:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60735713/

18. brainfrz

brainfrz

Just gotta say Thanks to all of the talented folks who post in the art show! Love it!
    Robin B - Those bikes are awesome.
    Josh - love the new chromeRat designs.
    Jon

19. brainfrz

brainfrz

Here's a Pic from the window of one of my customers. My customer couldn't understand why I kept staring out the window. thought it looked good in B&W.

Jon

Attached Files:

20. These are BAD ASS!!

21. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

Wow the things you guy's have done are amazing, i wish i could draw and paint as good as y'all, and since i can't i've got a project for who ever wants to do it. I have a '60 effie i have to part with and i never got to do anything with it, and i would like to know if some one could to a custom rendering of it. maybe style it like you would a 49-51 merc or shoe box, low, chopped, pan caked hood, cool wheels, peep mirrors, and a heavy flake paint job, and what ever else you think is cool. here's a pic of it now, pretty sad lookin'.
    [​IMG]

22. customcory

customcory

Heres some more of my doodles......

Dsc00313.jpg

Dsc00314.jpg

Dsc00337.jpg

23. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

i do cast multiples of most everything. i just sculpt in "victory brown" wax because it holds its form in small scale better than clay. plastilina clay absorbs heat thoroughly and quickly which makes it too soft to sculpt without distorting the whole piece. makes it convenient for doing one offs on occasion though, as i can just make the ceramic mold and cast it. for a piece i'll make duplicates of, i make a rubber mold to cast duplicate waxes from casting wax and use those to go thru the whole process. probably make some molds this week, actually.

24. KCsledz

KCsledz

As always chromedRAT your work is RAD!

25. oldstriper

oldstriper
    Member Emeritus

Here's a few more....

Attached Files:

26. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

those are beautiful

27. I love this! I'm a little partial to '65's, had one as my first car at age 15.

Just a small piece from me this week, dizzy cap for a buddy's flattie.

[​IMG]

And here it is on it's new home.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

Rikster -- thanks for sharing those! Fantastic detail in that work...
    swervin, good to see you post! Must be some genetic art talent thing going on in that family... customcory, cool stuff!! GaryC, as always, my friend, AWESOME. Janne, I hate you. :D Killer work, as always!!
    Jigger, man, I love all of your work, and congrats again on the big film!
    typical, WOW!! ...and big congrats on the new addition! chromedRAT, your talent and skill leave me speechless... Diggin' your work!!
    oldstrriper, NICE!! GREAT show again this week, everyone!!

29. Those are beautiful!

30. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

That's cool, do you fix vintage ones too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.