Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Fresno & Surrounding Area HAMB'ers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Muttley, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Hey, the sheer fact that you suggested the meeting in the first place makes you aces in my book, FWIW.

As far as future meetings, a bi-weekly event sounds best to me. Any more frequently and people start running out of things to talk about. As far as the location goes, it was just fine. Was easy to get to, and at least there was a little shade...

And I think the BBQ sounds like a hoot. Mid-October would be my choice.

2. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

I guess I'm not a socialite. I was thinking maybe twice a year.

3. If I can make a suggestion or two.... once a month would be plenty or even every other month. Something like donuts, coffee and hot rods just sounds good to me. Summer months are limited. Morning time is better for the summer. I like driving both my hot rods, but when it's over 100, it's not fun. How about a rod run? when it's cooler out. there's plenty places that are close we could drive to and have a sandwich and soda.

BigMike

4. A rod run would be cool, too. The local VW club puts on a spring "Blossom Trail" cruise, and it is usually very well received.

5. Muttley

Muttley

Sorry Russ, I thought I sent you a PM about it. I missed quite a few guys. :oops:

6. Muttley

Muttley

How does the first Saturday of each month sound to everyone?

7. Sounds good to me. Easy enough to remember. You wanna start then in August?

8. 36 Vick

36 Vick
    from Kerman, Ca

I know I missed Saturday. And won't have my car on the road for a few months. With that said, I love the concept of hot rodders getting together.

I think it would be cool to also take Muttley's initiative and have a standing spot. If any HAMBer gets up one Saturday and wants to go for a drive and knows that can go to X spot at 8am

If it's only one, so be it, he went for a drive. But if 15 go, awesome. It doesn't nor should it take away from the once a month get together

Like Blackstone on a Saturday night back in the day.

If no one goes, no harm no foul. No major plans were made for disappointment of hard work and planning.

I'm just throwing it out there

soddruntlestuntle likes this.
  9. Freemoe

Freemoe
    from Fowler, CA

First Saturday of the month sounds good to me.

10. Muttley

Muttley

Right on, the first Saturday of the month it is. In the meantime put your thinking caps on and try and come up with some other suggestions and I'll get to work planning the BBQ.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. I just read through this thread and I just wanted to applaud all of you and especially Muttley for doing what you're doing. I know it doesn't seem like a big thing to a lot of folks but, these kind of get-togethers are important to foster a sense of community amongst local car guys (and gals hopefully). Keep spreading the "gospel" of hot-rodding like you're doing. Obviously I'll never make it to your get-together as I'm 3,000 miles away, but it's always good to see it happening anyways. Thanks for posting the pics as well, please keep that up. It's always a treat to see what's going on on the opposite coast.....................................Don.

12. 36 Vick

36 Vick
    from Kerman, Ca

I have a towable Bbq for the HAMBurgers. As well as walk in freezer trailer ( just need 110 power). If you think these would be of assistance, let me know

And plenty of grape stumps!!

13. Muttley

Muttley

I'm sure those would come in handy for the BBQ. I'm going to try and put this together ASAP so everyone can plan ahead and save the date.

14. First Sat. of the month works for me too.

15. hctub

hctub

Nice little free monthly car show in Clovis, very informal, very diverse. Did I mention free?
    http://www.clovisparkinthepark.com/
    Although he is not the organizer, you will usually also find Blackie Gejeian sitting back in the shade of the trees.

16. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Um, which park? It doesn't say but it looks like the one on Clovis at the crook in the road downtown.

Cool deal on Joe Boghosian. My father in law would enjoy that. He's had him work on his flatties since the 50's. Just started and tuned with one we just put in his coupe.

17. hctub

hctub

I guess it would be helpful to mention which park! According to Google Maps its called "Treasure Ingmire Park" and it's at the corner of Sierra and Clovis Ave in Clovis.

Joe bring your father in law/family and have a good time.

Hamburgers and hot dogs served to participants with the rest of the meal being pot luck. You don't have to bring anything but always appreciated if you do.

18. so, what's the plan?

19. Muttley

Muttley

This coming Saturday morning..........same Bat-time, same Bat-channel.

soddruntlestuntle likes this.
  20. Barring a natural disaster such as an earthquake or the arrival of my mother-in-law, I'll be there!

21. so we doing Treasure Ingmire Park this time correct

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  22. Ummmmmmmmm, I believe we're meeting at the same location as last time (SE corner Cedar & Herndon), right Muttley?

23. Muttley

Muttley

No, same place as last time.

Yep.........8am, Cedar & Herndon.

24. Muttley

Muttley

One more bump before I head out in the morning, hope to see everyone there from last time and some new faces too.

25. Thanks for bringing the coffee this morning Muttley, I love a good french-press Italian roast. And Freemoe, I hadn't had fresh-squeezed orange juice in a long time, that really hit the spot, thank you. Hope you guys enjoyed the home-made breakfast burritos, they're one of my specialties. It's just a shame that there was so much good food and drink this morning, and only the four of us to enjoy it. Hopefully next month.

26. sorry couldn't attend. wrecking yard and what not.

27. my in laws are in town I was already set to go but happy wife happy life right

28. Nobey

Nobey

I'm embarrassed, I knew I was supposed to be some where this morning.
    No brains, no headache.......

29. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

Sorry I missed out again. I had to work today.

We're sending the plans for the new Fresno CHP HQ and garages in to the State Architect on Monday and there are still "structural issues" (which is BS. The checkers are being too damn persnickety.)

Really it's just a concrete office building, but with a holding cell and big locker rooms, an armory, a computer net & server farm, dispatch terminals, big radio tower. Lotta $$$ for that stuff too. And the garage...Ohhhh!

It's gonna have like the garage of your dreams, guys. Three big lifts, giant dual 2-stage compressors, freakin rooms fulla tires & parts racks & computer work stations, electronics repair, big wash bay, gas heat, big coolers, exhaust ventilation, pneumatic lube racks, and indoor plumbin' too.

Anyhow, it's gonna sit kitty-corner from the north-west corner of the old Orange Avenue dump & it might possibly just be visible from 99 when complete.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  30. Hopefully next month the turnout is a bit stronger.