Register now to get rid of these ads!

frenching headlight ford customline

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vein, Oct 14, 2007.

1. vein

vein

Heres my 53 ford, im getting ready to french my headlights but im turning to you guys for some help. I was wondering if i french my headlights should I button them up to where I cant get to them or should I try to reverse the inside headlight bracket? it is a customline and I was wondering what some of you guys have done. Heres a picture of the car but I dont have any close ups of the headlight.

Attached Files:

2. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

3. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just did a tech piece on frenching like 10 minutes ago. There is a pic of a tab you weld onto the ring to attach the stainless. This tab lets you mount teh headlight bucket like normal and still be able to change teh headlight.

Good luck, -Abone.

4. vein

vein

how funny! good tech article! that answers my question.

5. kustomkat

kustomkat

When i did mine on my 53, I kinda cheated. I epoxied 5/8 heater hose in 4 spots on the inside of the headlight ring. Now the inner stainless ring press fits in there. It has worked well for the last 15 years. Just my 2 cents..

Damnford53 likes this.
  6. newstranger

newstranger

Yeah man, that was the one pisser about frenching the headlights on my '53... I couldn't get the headlight trim ring clips to cooperate! Smart, alternative use of heater hose! If I remember correctly, I had no issues getting to my headlights after all the welding was done...

-ns