Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage FREE Swap Meet / Fifth Annual / Rochester NY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carshopowner, Mar 25, 2012.

1. carshopowner

carshopowner

Please help get the word out

Attached Files:

2. carshopowner

carshopowner

The Swap Meet is this weekend. I have had a lot of contacts. This is going to be one you do not want to miss.

3. Damn!

That's 2 this Saturday.

Time to try out that new cloning kit I bought on Evil Bay!

4. carshopowner

carshopowner

It's tomorrow! See you there

5. carshopowner

carshopowner

Well, the 5<SUP>th</SUP> annual FREE Rochester Street Rod Swap Meet is in the books.

I believe, with all the help from club members, by all accounts, it was a success.

We filled the entire back parking lot of the Moose Lodge from the back of the building to the far west end. We filled the Pavilion, and we filled the gravel parking lot on the west side of the Pavilion with vendors. In fact, we did not have one available parking spot left to put any additional vendors. This was after already being creative to park vendors.

The club was there at 5 AM to start setting things up and the first vendor rolled in at 5:30. We were very full by 6:30 with the event scheduled to start at 7:00.

The south parking lot was filled to overflowing with buyers, and we had people parking on the grass. Buyers were also parking across the street in the company parking lots.

Robert Laux (Genesee Valley-Henrietta Moose Lodge #2290 Administrator) was very happy with the amount of food, soda, and coffee they sold to event comers. They had not intended to sell food, but when they saw the number of people the Moose Lodge fired up their grill in the kitchen and put food out for sale. Robert strongly urged RSR to hold a car show sometime this summer.

We had two people sign up for memberships and sold four club hats. That may not seem like a lot, but the idea to try to sign people up and sell club merchandise was a last minute thought. Next year, we need to put more effort into doing that.

The event was under budget, and in addition the club took in $155.00 on the 50/50. That is in fact very close to what was spent in total. So, once again our swap meet cost the club little or nothing. I’m sure Rob Fromberger will have a full accounting at the next meeting.

Please find attached some pictures and you can go to the club site to see many more.

Thanks need to be extended to all the club members that helped out: Lenny Ball and Phil McMahon who passed out fliers at the Rose Garden, Luke Zane for posting the event on the HAMB, Lawrence Root for sending out E-Mail notices, Tom Deyle, Steve Walczak and Paul Forti for helping in loading and unloading stuff, Steve Walczak and Pete Milianes for putting up swap meet signs, Jack Mulligan for the Swap Meet signs, Jim McConkey for parking cars. I hope I have not left anyone out. You can see that this was a group effort. If everyone helps that means the work is spread across many. Thanks.

I would encourage all members to make plans to come out for the June 20<SUP>th</SUP> Ice Cream run to Tom Wahl’s in Avon and cruise to the track. There will be a lot of new people as this is a combined club event with the Good O’ Boys, Genesee Valley Street Rods, and last but not least, the MoPar Club. We have to gang up on the MoPar Club as they have won the Bragging Rights trophy two years in a row now. The plan is to meet at Tom Wahl’s at 4:30 and leave around 5:30 to cruise to the track.

The Swap Meet Photos can be seen at this link on the Club Web Site.
    http://rochesterstreetrods.org/forum/album_cat.php?cat_id=155

Attached Files: