Register now to get rid of these ads!

free studebaker trucks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by robber grin, Apr 11, 2004.

1. I just got a shot at a free 2R5 and another studebaker truck for parts. Parts truck is a heavier chassis and is a flatbed, but the tin looks the same otherwise.

I think the 2R5's a 49. I'm not sure on the other. But it looks like it would all interchange.

Supposedly the guy has the titles too. I'm going to grab them next week after the holiday weekend.

Free for the hauling. Another "buddy" is already pissed he didn't hear about it first, so there must be something to the idea.

I want that pickup on the ground and running again soon. I got a 55/56 Chevy 3 speed O/D and a 250 I was thinking of trying to run it it.

I really like the look of the cab. Lowered stance with ass-end slightly lower maybe, Acme Rat Truck for sure ~ too rough to go further I'd say.

Would this be a difficult chop to pull off if I got them both and had a donor roof section if needed. I've never attempted one but you guys do inspire me to give it hell.

Any inputs on the project would be welcomed.

2. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

If you have two roofs don't go with a donor strip. cut the back of one long and the front of the other long. lay them over each other and make one cut and weld [​IMG].

3. Thanks 48hemi, good info.

As I said it will be our first attempt so all ideas are appreciated.

4. old beet

old beet

Do the same with the door tops, saves lots of fitting and welding. Two tops=Easy!.............OLDBEET

5. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Here's a pic of my 49 project. I had a donor roof, and it was a lifesaver.

Attached Files:

6. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Another pic

Attached Files:

7. studeboy

studeboy

Cabs should be the same. Front fenders could be different (wheel well opening size) if parts truck is 1.5 ton or larger (I think that's right). Check for rust in cab corners, rear edge of front fenders, and floors.

Here's a link for some patch panels you may need. Classic Enterprises The only panels I haven't been able to find is cab corners. I have heard the area where the roof and the body meet (behind door handle area on cab) is the same shape.

As far as chopping the top, I would put your seat in and sit in it first. (I am 6'4" tall and there's no possible way I can chop mine and drive it)

If I can help in any way PM or email me. Eric

PS if both sets of front fenders a good I would be interested in purchasing a set. (mine have a hole 3" wide and a foot long in both sides.

========================================================

49 Studebaker P/U

8. studeboy

studeboy

a couple pics (a fellow HAMBER posted these awhile back. Not sure who though.)

Eric

Attached Files:

9. studeboy

studeboy

Eric

Attached Files:

10. studeboy

studeboy

Eric

Attached Files:

11. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

That's some inspiration for my 52 stude pickem up right there.

12. Bobby Green - just so happens to be exactly what my family named me too. Kooked me out when I saw your name on the signature line.
    G00D karma maybe.
    Thanks for the pics too.

13. Hey Studeboy I'm 6'3" and of generous proportions, so I will have to look at that when we get it out of the weeds and up to the shop.
    I'll let you know what all I come up with and if there are any fenders or whatever else to grab.
    I'll look at C-E as well. Thanks for the info.

14. moondisc

moondisc

I smashed the shit outta the top of my head getting in and out of my 63 Champ this weekend.
    Can't imagine what I'd do with that one! hehe
    Got to get back to PA and pickup my 50 Stude pickup.

15. studeboy

studeboy

My thought was to cut the area under the seat and lower it. (it is about 5-6 inches above the floor.) that might get you some more room. I have a pic around here somewhere of me sitting on the stock seat and leaning over to stick my head out the window. Leg room might also be an issue but I have to just deal with it. I have lots of pics off the net of Stude pics heres a few more. The flat black one was at the Round Up last year. Owner unknown to me.

Attached Files:

16. studeboy

studeboy

Attached Files:

17. studeboy

studeboy

Attached Files:

18. I love the ride height and the chopped / rounded bedsides.
    Nice truck. Thanks for the pics Studeboy.