Register now to get rid of these ads!

Freakin' Wisconsin - Is Winter Over Yet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John "Gunner" Gunnell, Jan 1, 2010.

1. amctilldeath

amctilldeath
    from Wisconsin

hey, just some tips to you guys freezing in your garages and shops,

go to the thrift store and buy 2 or 3 old comforters for like 3 bucks each... GREAT to lay on instead of frigid hard concrete...

go to a carpet store and ask them for someones old carpet (pet stain free, lol) this is great provided your not parking your daily driver on top of it (snow melts and gets it soaked)

if you can wait till summer, there really cheap used, but even now they can be had for like 100, but i'm talking about those upright propane furnaces... mines 275,000 BTU, that son of a bitch will get a 2 car garage up to 90 in about 5-7 minutes when its 20 below

2. T Achilli

T Achilli
    from walworth

I just opened a couple more aeresol cans, is it getting warmer yet ,I don't ski snomobile or Ice fish have no use for this shit but I probably would leave kickin and screamin, creature of habit and all, shop is 60 complete with coffee pot, pizza oven, microwave, and fridge full of beer ,if it had a shitter I would never leave. My father in law sits on a bucket in the middle of the spirit staring down a hole for hours He asked me to come along and I told him My homelife doesn't suck that bad.............................Yet.

Worst part of this are the idiots with rusty plow trucks that call me to fix their blown brake line or electrical issue with the plow hanging off the front of their slush and ice encrusted truck,With salty shit dripping in your face.If you own one piece of shit you should own two in case the first one breaks down.

3. thanks to Kiwi Kev for that shot of warm coastal air, can you bottle that so i can open it in my garage? my buddy put up a snow fence but i didnt keep the snow out!

4. John "Gunner" Gunnell

John "Gunner" Gunnell
    from Iola, WI

I love all these answer to my stupid question. We really don't have much of a life up here in the frozen tundra, do we? Cheez. Anyone know a good Ole and Lena joke?

5. billygoat67

billygoat67

damn , just went to get a fresh gallon of iced tea for a hot toddy off the front porch and i'll be damed if it isn't froze solid.
    when will it end?, in a few months.

6. markjenks

markjenks

Just think of these positives.

We don't have to worry about how to keep the beer cold 4 months out of the year. We do have to drive it faster unless it'll freeze, but I don't see that as a problem..

And have a party? Easy, put the barrel in the bathtub and fill it with snow.

7. markjenks

markjenks

DUH! You wanted ICED TEA! You got ICED TEA!

8. markjenks

markjenks

I'll still be pulling fresh water out of the ground, and people in the SW won't have any! At least that's the way it's looking.

I never did understand moving into the middle of a DESERT and then wondering were you are going to get water from.

9. The Frozen Tundra of Wisconsin Woman only has to look sexy for six months out of the year. The other six months she wears a snowmobile suit! A high of 2.8 today boy I miss the humid summer weather.

10. Ole and Lena was at the kitchen table for the usual morning cup of coffee and listening to a weather report coming from the radio.
    "There will be 3 to 5 inches of snow today and a snow emergency has been declared. All vehicles should be parked on the odd-numbered side of the streets today to facilitate snowplows," the radio voice declared.

"Oh, gosh, OK," said Ole, getting up, bundling up and heading outside to dutifully put his car on the odd-numbered side of the street.

Two days later, Ole and Lena were at morning coffee when the radio voice said:

"There will be 2 to 4 inches of snow today and a snow emergency has been declared. You must park your vehicles on the even-numbered side of the streets."

Ole got up from his coffee as before. He bundled up, shuffled off, and put his car on the even-numbered side of the street.

A few days later, the couple was at the table when the radio voice declared:

"There will be 6 to 8 inches of snow today and a snow emergency has been declared. You must park your cars on the ..." Just then, the power went out.

"Park it where?" Ole asked in the dark, "What should I do?"

"Aw, to heck with them, Ole," Lena said, "Don't worry about it today. Just leave the car in the garage."

11. Ha!! Yeah and some of the snomo-suits are HOT! ;)

Getting to just about zero here now at 4:30 in MI, after a high of about 8 above this afternoon. And the mercury is still headed south. . .

--------------- An' how's bout some Sven & Ole, eh? --------
    The Truck (a HAMB friendly one, fr'sure!)
    Ole hears that Sven just bought a new truck, so he goes over to take a look at it. When he gets there, he sees dents all over the truck, and Sven sitting in the driveway behind the truck.​

Ole says, “Sven, why did you buy a truck with dents?”

Sven says, “Oh, I made a real good deal. It got dented in a hailstorm, so the salesman gave me $50 off the price. And he said that all I have to do is blow on the tailpipe, and those dents will pop right out. But I’ve been sitting here blowing on this tailpipe for two hours now, and I don’t think it's working.

Ole says, “Sven, don’t be such a dummy! You have to close the windows first!”

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

So, now would probably be a bad time to mention that it's about seventy-five and sunny out around here! About half of the greater ST. Paul area is still in town after the holidays (my family ) because it was too damn cold to go home! My heart goes out to you still up there, cause I remember it all too well! Do remember though, we go through our "winter" too, it's called summer! Nothing like trying to work in the shop when the wall thermometer says it's a balmy 130 out! And you think tools stick to your hands in winter up there, how about third degree burns from picking up a wrench in the summer? Oh well, enjoy the season! Ole and Lena decided to go to the drive in movies one fine summer night. They paid their admission and pulled in, parked, adjusted the speakers and soon the movie started. Soon Ole moved closer to Lena, raised an eyebrow and said "Lena my gal, how would you like to yump in the back seat?" Lena replied, "No Ole, I think I'll yust stay up here in the front with you!"

13. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

so are you WI people headed to the World of Wheels next weekend?

I hope to see you there - I will be set up selling my usual stuff

+ a lot of new stuff that I have been piling up over the winter!

14. 34highboy

34highboy
    from phoenix az

Sorry for you guys in up north but I have to side with Need Louvers, I LOVE.....repeat LOVE winter. All too soon summer will be here again and we'll be frying our HAMB and eggs on the sidewalk. But for now its off to the garage in my tank top and shorts.

15. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

Today, the YF, stepdaughter and I drove 2h to her sister's place for a family birthday, south of the Cheddar Curtain...we passed the time on US12 watching the temperature change up and down in 100% increments... from +1 to +2, back to +1...

Someone earlier mentioned that you just add a layer or two...correct! You can't escape heat beyond nakedness, and nobody ('cept the YF, I s'pose) wants to see me THAT way.

Time for another cold Schlitz...chilled to perfection in the breezeway!

16. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Yes it is too cold up north, be it WI or MN. I finally added a heated shop to my house a few years ago. Not that I look forward to winter but if I can spend time out working on my car, it helps. just finished putting a split exhaust on my 235 6, as stated here, it sounds good with a set of Cherry Bomb's. maybe in 3 or 4 months the ice will be gone and we can see how it sounds on the freeway.

17. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Time for another cold Schlitz...chilled to perfection in the breezeway![/QUOTE]

yup! one of one bonus of winter here, beer hot, beer on deck.....5 mins...time to drink!!!!:D

18. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Yeah. I'm 29 but feel 50. many a long days toting luggage for Northwest and then F-15 parts across the ramp. back is pretty much shot knees are close. I don't your buddy here. but would like too.

19. Hey if you live here you have to put up with it. Bitching ain't gonna change it but might help you feel better. It is what it is and a heated garage helps out a bunch. Think how easy it is to chill beer. You never get used to it but you do learn how to work around it. Oops getting chilly think i'll turn the thermostat up to 70 in the shop, HEE HEE:D:D:D

20. krooser

krooser

So Ole and Lena finally get married and they are hosting their wedding reception at their home.

Lena's been watching Ole and he's been drinking a lot of Grain Belts and she's worried he won't be able to perform his manly duties on his wedding night. then, out of the corner of her eye, she sees Sven. Lena and Sven were hot and heavy together before she met Ole.

Lena thinks that maybe her and Sven could get together one more time tonite... it really wouldn't be cheating since her and Ole have only been married a few hours... so she goes and sits by Sven and a few minutes later her and Sven sneak upstairs to the bedroom and close the door.

Ole never noticed... he just kept drinking those Grain Belt's.

About an hour later Ole looks around for Lena but doesn't see her... he sez.."well boys, I guess Lena went to bed so it's time for me to go upstairs and perfrom my manly duties. Everyone but Ole knows Sven is in the bedroom with lena but Ole swings open the bedroom door, takes a long look and starts lauging out loud. "Everybody... come up here and take a look" he says. the crowd rushes upstairs to find Sven on top of lena banging the hell out of her.

Ole points to the bed and sez..."Hey... look at Sven... he's so drunk he tinks he's me!"......

21. Wow without this cold weather how would we find time to work on our cars? I think warm winters must be real pain in the ass, no spare time with lawn mowing and such. Give me cold weather, hot coffee and a warm garage to cruise through the season. See you all in the spring I have wrench'n to do!!!!

22. John "Gunner" Gunnell

John "Gunner" Gunnell
    from Iola, WI

Joe Stout has been messing with cars since old skol rodz were new skol. Look him up in the phone book and tell him Gunner sent you

23. Ahh, winter. Good time to get stuff done like redoing the inside of my house...it still won't get done (too lazy).
    Good time to get some of my unfinished car art done..." " " " " ("")

24. The guy with the Jeepster from LaCrosse, Wi. Your thread became lost or died or something.
    In case you come over and look at this thread, here's a quicky sketch of your Jeepster as a Gasser.
    It's a Jeep thang, you wouldn't understand.

Attached Files:

25. Ice man

Ice man

Yea been cold here in Florida but not like you got. Iceman

Attached Files:

26. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

Eh, cold doesn't bother me too much. I don't care much for working on cars when it is below zero because I have to use my bare fingers most of the time but I can get away with wearing just jeans, an uninsulated flannel shirt, hat, and gloves cutting fire wood when it is 10 below. I did that last night. I was still wearing a T-shirt and shorts when it got into the 40s a couple of months ago to work outside. My friends call me the Eskimo :D I can't take the heat and it seems every year to get worse. If I do nothing but sit I can take 70 degree weather but as soon as I start trying to do anything physical I start sweating.

27. rat deuce

rat deuce

50mph winds and 10degree temps kept me out of the garage today-can't believe I used to like winter...

28. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

just got off the phone with a friend in georgia, he said it was 18 degrees! dam that global warming is serious shit!

29. Diamond49

Diamond49

Winter in the Midwest can be a bitch, but having projects keep us going until Spring. There is nothing like getting your ride out on the first nice Spring day, and taking it for a spin.
    It all seems worth it. If it was nice all the time, nothing would get started or finished around our place

30. rick goetz

rick goetz

Wat da hell is all dis bitchin bout cold weather all about. If da air gets warm den the damn ice melts. Them there goes my ice shanty. How do ya ice fish with no ice? Then da damn beer gits warm. Oh cripes, what a damn mess.