Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods frame serial number

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1946caddy, Nov 5, 2018.

1. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

I've got a 36 ford PU which is a future project so I really haven't done anything with it yet. The title matches the transmission stamp and and the frame number.
    I never checked the frame number until today and while they are the correct numbers, the stamping is different from what I assumed it should be.
    *18*2486xxx* as opposed to *182486xxx*
    I've never heard of a star after the 18. The stamp numbers are the correct ones for that year and not after market stamps. This is an old barn find so I don't think anyone messed with the numbers.
    Has anyone else seen a star before and after the 18?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. redo32

redo32

A lot of assembly plants and a lot of workers hand stamping all boring day long. Somebody added a little personality to his day.

lothiandon1940 and olscrounger like this.
  3. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Yup, have seen it several times, also sometimes rear hump stamp is missing stars and/or 18

RMR&C and olscrounger like this.
  4. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Usually the gap between the 18 and the serial was filled with a special stamp <-> that is so tiny it looks like just a dash.
    What you have is just whatever happened on last Thursday after chuck hit his thumb with the hammer. No problem.

Budget36 likes this.