Register now to get rid of these ads!

Frame options

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mjcat, Jun 28, 2014.

1. mjcat

mjcat

Hey guys so I want to know what everyone thinks. Is it worth while to use an original model a frame if I plan on channeling the car? Also I would want to z the rear portion of the frame and swoop the front. Is it possible. Ooor am I better off selling the original and buying say a blackboards hot rod frame? Any advice? What am I missing.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Matter of personal taste, you need to decide what style and era of car you are going to recreate.

3. mjcat

mjcat

I know what I want to build just trying to decide if it's worth the work to use the original frame or just buy one that is already z'd.
    This is the style I'm wanting to build.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1403988943.391357.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Can be done with an A frame.

5. Chances are you will only be using the A chassis back to the cowl and fabing the rest. JW

6. Get the paperwork straight early. The original frame will have a serial number. The repro frame will be more of a paperwork challenge.

Charlie Stephens

7. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Matter of your build ability. I am sure you can buy the channel needed and use the A cross members and construct what you need for cheaper than you can buy. However if you may have more money and less time, where placing an order is more feasable. I reputable frame builder will get it square and could eliminate some headaches, plus you can always sell off the A frame and recoup a small portion of the cost. Based on the picture you posted I don't see it as having a radical Z. Love the inspiration picture.

8. BillWallace

BillWallace

If you are going to chop up a frame the way you propose you are better off just buying what you want.