Register now to get rid of these ads!

frame missing 1957 nomad!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wagzilla, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

THEVIES?? Do you have a Nomad too? :)

2. I actually used to know some Nomads from Southern Calif. English was not their major concern.

This is a dumb question I know but has anyone googled leggit?

3. Well okay, I hope this makes everyone feel better.

orange_county_choppers.jpg

4. wagzilla

wagzilla
    from arizona

Thankyou kind Sir.

5. I hope that I haven't offended anyone and tempers seem a little hot.
    I read some where that looking at a pair of boobs for 10 minutes a day will help lower your blood pressure. I hope this will help.

Lower it, I looked at them and tested--200/135!

6. lucky ink

lucky ink

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Well thats three pair, so I guess it should take only 3 minutes and 20 seconds??

8. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

probably...stop by the hangar and the garage sometime...I'll take you for a spin around the tarmac, or around the south end of the state.

I've never had a Nomad...but I like 'em. Had a 57 Safari once for a short time - very plush, and comfy ride.

Why would you denigrate those of us with some aptitude for the language of the realm? I acknowledge a predilection for polysyllabilism and even a penchant for sesquipedalianism, but I prefer being able to express myself without repeating the same words within a paragraph, and rampant misspelling is like walking around with your pants unzipped. If you are offended by the application of proper verbiage and syntax, I apologize profusely, but will likely not change.

dj

9. Scarebird

Scarebird
    Alliance Vendor
    from ABQ, USA

does this offer extend to more erudite vagrants?

10. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Well no nomad and I guess I did blow a gasket:D

11. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

au naturamente, mon ami. C-185 on amphibs... Offer is extended to most denizens of this hobby. You must be comfortable with the King's English and reasonably conversant in "hangar chat".

drop me a line if you're going to be in town. If the AME hasn't burst my bubble, we'll go for a bit of bugsmashing.

dj

12. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

Propwash: That's a hellava thesaurus you are using....

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just for general knowledge is a Nomad frame unique to the body style, or are all '57 Chevy car chassis the same?

14. Scarebird

Scarebird
    Alliance Vendor
    from ABQ, USA

excellent - please email me direct [email protected] at your leisure.

15. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Some of you guys are funny...some should be ashamed. I read every post, and I feel sorry for this guy getting ripped off. My take is: never post while angry or excited, or drunk...you end up looking like an idiot....and I am not angry or excited. hic*

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. cavman

cavman

While the orig poster may not be a world class linguist, far more posters after him have shown a tremendous lack of reasoning skills.( BTW I have had eight Nomads :)... with no degree)

cav, the 1st

17. wagzilla

wagzilla
    from arizona

Some say they are unique, and some say they are the same...So I'm still not sure?

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

If the lost chassis fits all '57's then it could be out there under any body style.

19. It's been fun, guys. Even if nobody can understand the big words and/or understand what you're gettin' at. Any one that's into rods is OK with me! Showin' off is best accomplished by mongo burn outs!

20. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

A Nomad frame is the same as a sedan frame. Being a 57 means only a 57 frame will do. The 55, 56 frames have round front horns where the 57's are square. The convertible frames are braced in the middle with a large X. The hardtop frames have an extra mount on the inside of the frame approximately where the door and quarter meet. The hardtop frame will work, just cut the extra mount off and sell it for a few bucks. Hope that helps!

21. wagzilla

wagzilla
    from arizona

Thankyou. That helps alot.

22. Propwash
    Thanks friend I did not know the proper spelling for verbiage. Hooked on fonix hasn't helped me much I am afraid. :D:D

Well this is still on top and no one had found the fella a chassis yet. Someone take up a collection or something.

23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

rofl!!!

24. hemifalcon

hemifalcon

I'm just gonna say this.. There are some ignorant motherfuckers on here.. Guy lost his pride and joy filled efforts, that he paid his hard earned money for.. Some frickin thief made off with it-and you guys give him grief?? What for?
    Makes me wonder what kinda bullshittin people post on here-- (those of you who provided positive and helpful posts are not involved in my rant--)
    But those of you who dish on this guy having a Nomad, that he's worked on for 7 years, and has to pay for?? You are gonna dish on him?
    I hope one of you fuckers has a house fire, with your bullshit hidden billet traditional car, and this guy shows up and due to his ability to recall your rashy-asshole-useless comments, he drives past your burning Taj Mahal of a garage while your whitewalls are turning to ash.. He'll have all the excuse in the world--cuz he couldn't read your address.. You poor fuckers..

25. Oh common Hemi tells us how you really feel. ;)

Ya know I actually have had a firetruck drive past my house when it was on fire. You would have thought the smoke rolling out the front door would have been a dead giveaway. But I am not mad at the firemen it was just one of those things. Crazy night it was.

Anyway one thing that you have to think about when it comes to all us assholes is that it gave the OP a chance to clarify what he was trying to convey and it also kept his thread up on top where it would be seen.

Now I will give you this some of us were not aware that was what were doing, some iof us are just plane mean, but it did serve a purpose.

Just like my making a response to your rant. Right now you are thinking that I am trying to make you look foolish, maybe you are correct. never the less the thread is right back up there where someone who hasn't seen it or doesn't know about the problem is going to see it when they first pop on. they are not going to be aware of what has happened because they are not going to read the entire thread.

On the other hand I may just be trying to make you look foolish, as if you haven't already done a good job of that by yourself. ;)

26. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

A cop with no sense of humour...Whoda thunk it??!!

27. slammed

slammed

Johnny come lately.........so tragic and desperate to be hip.

28. Phucker

Phucker
    from Kansas

Just getting back here after my computer dying, and seen this.

I came across these links while Googling.

This one is a story dating back to 2006, but it has some more names that seem like they know Rob. Isnt much, but sometimes little things help.

http://www.streetrodderweb.com/tech/0605sr_1931_ford_two_door_sedan/index.html

Second link is to a restoration shop, with someone named Rob Leggett working there it seems, I dunno how up to date this is, or if its even the same Rob, but he seems to do frame work also, so I thought it might be relevant.

http://www.restorationhouseautobody.com/html/staff.html

Neither may lead anywhere, but I just thought I'd post em.

29. Looks like a good place to start to me. Maybe it will all work out, most things do.

30. I think my heart just stopped...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.