Register now to get rid of these ads!

frame missing 1957 nomad!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wagzilla, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FDNY, fireman $35,101-100,039
    LA City $49,000-97,500

Make Captain and figure a minimum of $150,000

Top Captain in Orange County Fire Authority $241,000

Fire Dept Chief - even more!

2. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

DANG!

Why are we telling kids to go to college?

3. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

What does how much a man makes per year, or how he could have afforded a Chevy Nomad have anything to do with they guy getting his frame & parts ripped off?

Some people find treasure. Others Buy treasure.

4. Damn! I left this thread several hours ago and now I come back and this is all the further you guys have gotten? :p

5. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Still your bleeding heart for a moment and go back and read his initial post. It was totally bereft of any information from which we could conclude that he was asking for any kind of assistance. FNG with a single-minded goal: Flood all the pertinent forums with his stilted comment, no facts - just poor wording.

6. Glad to be of service.

Chris,
    I have never been a real fireman but I have been a volunteer fireman a couple of times and even wandered into a burning building or two while the rest of the world was waiting for a real fireman to show up. I would not want my kids or even yours for that matter to do that for a living.

7. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

I understood it. So did others. Another poster found the Tri-Five thread that explained it more and linked to it so others could read it.

So the guys spelling is terrible. His Grammar was choppy. Did he come here for an English Lesson, or to warn fellow HAMB'ers of a possible scam/ bad shop & possibly get a little help on the wherabouts of this guy? Then it goes into "How could somebody so dumb afford such a nice car?". Really? REALLY?

I guess the whining about spelling and Grammar just caught me wrong last night.

8. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

No problem! Now go inspect some grenades :)

9. wagzilla

wagzilla
    from arizona

Wow!!!!!!Sorry guy's ............I really don't know what to say.....good bye

10. badshifter

badshifter

See, now that is totally understandable. Sorry your feelers got hurt and hope you find your corvette stuff. I did read your other posts at tri 5 and I gotta say I still don't quite understand what was ripped. After a few posts you seemed more concerned with if you were gonna go C4 or C5 suspension, and not where your parts were. Good Luck.

11. 61falcon

61falcon

its a rough crowd around here... thats why i like it!

12. No need to be dorry.
    His post, while not of Pulitzer Prize winning clarity, was understandable to anyone with a bit of abstract thinking skills. The header stated there was a missing Nomad frame. Easy, no big comprehension issues, so far. The remainder, while a bit muddy, stated that he was looking for a certain individual, the name of his shop was mentioned and he hoped that nobody else would be ripped off. What's the big problem? Geezo Pete, what a bunch of whining Nellies. "Oh, gracious me!! He isn't an English major so I cannot understand a single one of his thoughts." Then it, rapidly descends to, "he must be stupid"," how can he afford a Nomad?", "why do firefighters earn so much?", and other, incredibly stupid and inappropriate, comments.
    James, to answer your question, no I have not seen your frame, nor do I know the whereabouts of the, suspected, culprit. Should I come across any useful information, in respect to your plight, you'll be the first to know

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  13. F&J

F&J

Hope he gets his stuff back. I understood what he was saying in post #1

14. Thank you for renewing my faith in the basic intelligence that I feel is inherent, yet so rarely displayed, in all Americans

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Im just killing time waiting for my wife. The HAMB is really good for that, I can waste hours here...

16. Gman0046

Gman0046

Maybe singing Coon By Yah would help.

17. propwash........Sounds like you got a college education. Bet you can afford two or three Nomads, huh?

18. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

This has got to be the funniest post on the HAMB in a looooooong time!!! Classic dude, friggin classic!!

19. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

I hope that I haven't offended anyone and tempers seem a little hot.
    I read some where that looking at a pair of boobs for 10 minutes a day will help lower your blood pressure. I hope this will help.

Attached Files:

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

Every kid in the country should be given this info, sure would save mom & dad a fortune on college costs. If you have the time could you run the helth and retirement benifits.

21. I see the OP added more details and even pics to his original post. It sounds like he could use our help in finding his parts and this Rob Legget guy. I know we can be kind of a rough crowd and we have our fun messing with the FNGs but what happened to this guy just isn't right. Does anybody know anything that could help him?

22. SmoKerch

SmoKerch

I feel better now.

Ready to start my day.

23. wagzilla

wagzilla
    from arizona

They are out of business!!!! I went to the Clerk-recorder. County of orange in California.

Fictitious Business name California Chassis Werks registration number

was abandonment 5/27/2010.

The last know address Where my frame was 12320 Woodruff Ave.......in Downey California
    The police went there and checked it out. There are no cars or frames at this time.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  24. I actually seen mention of California Chassis Werks in one of the major magazines in the last couple of years. I am going to say that it was Hot Rod or one of them like that. I am using Hot Rod for a reference only as to the type of magazine this is not a definitive "Hot Rod Magazine", although it may not hurt to drop them a note and see if they have heard of the business.

One thing that you should bear in mind is that there were a lot of talented people out there at the beginning of the current recession that although they were talented they were not necessarily good business people. Many have gone under and that does not necessarily make them crooks. It may very well be that this fella lost his ass and not being MR Record Keeper has lost track of you also. All this could turn out well for you.

Of course it may not and I do know that besides being talented El Caballo is also a very good business man. it may be that at this point you could contact him and he can throw a chassis together for you and put you in a position to put yout Nomad on the road.

Just a thought.

All that said I have been researching YAH and I am sure that it is a very deep fishing hole. So any of you that live near a deep fishing hole get out your treble hooks and give it a drag, maybe Mr Legget got into trouble with loan sharks and is waiting for you to find him. ;)

25. wagzilla

wagzilla
    from arizona

He is very Talented and he has been in major magazines. I just wanted to get my stuff back. The recession Did not help. Not sure where to go from here?

26. hajboj

hajboj
    from Long Beach

Yes me too, how hard can it be.

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok, after all the bs and drama there is still a rob,Robert, Bobby, Bob or ?? maybe using his middle name Leggett out there who has the mans stuff and took his money.

I'd be checking with the landlord at the last known good address. It may be that the guy walked away and the parts got hauled away by a hired cleanup crew.

http://www.manta.com/c/mtx2q1m/california-chassis-werks Is the old address. has anyone asked the neighbors there if they have any ideas where he moved to?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  28. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

This really sucks. If you can't find him, start looking for your frame via ads (past and present). Chances are he sold it off with the rest of his shop equipment to survive while he was on the run.

Or...it's all stashed away in a storage unit somewhere in Socal. Let's hope your frame doesn't show up with the rest of his shop on an episode of Storage Wars.

29. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

WTF He probably worked HIS ass off for what he has and now some F--k--g Ass hole stole his stuff .:mad:Thevies and english teachers suck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.