Register now to get rid of these ads!

fowel language

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by john mullen, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Somewhere I think I saw the rules for proper conduct on the hamb was to refrain from fowel mouthing and the f^&* word is just that. imo its not needed to convay the message . I see a certen alliance vendor has repetedly gone way to far with it. whats up with that ,any admonition warnings for this or is it axcepted. my kids read the hamb and one is a girl. They are not nuns mind you and Granted they are adults and do not need me to tell them what they can read. I just do not care for the language thats all....John...:(

2. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Unless something / rules have changed its always been no bad words in subject lines

3. Well again I'm no saint but I think it should be cleaned up a little. the F word should not be used in a public setting . Whats sead in private is no ones buisness except those hearing it .I dont use it and don't want to hear it in a public forum. It's just not axcepable anywhere in public so why hear ... jmo

4. DWest

DWest
    from Missouri

I agree 100%

5. my Pops knocked me on my b-u-t-t in the early sixties for saying the word b-i-t-c-h-e-n .... to this day, fifty years later, I still think he over-reacted ... just saying.!!

... but in this case, "rules is rules".

6. brad chevy

brad chevy

Wait a minute there,its allright for you to post on a thread with Quote Hell yeah--bad- ass fricking engine but its bothers you when someone else does it. Isn't that being alittle on the picky side. I agree some posts get carried away but don't preach about things being wrong when you are guilty to.

7. so why is it going on. I'm sure I am not alone hear as many others have family members that see what we are reading. mine love the hamb as much as me .I have brought them up as car buffs and respectfull of others. I just wonder why its going on unchecked ..... Remember we are read all over the world ,Is this how we want to be seen, I think not.....please lets be mindfull of our conduct

8. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

I don't worry about it...People who swear to excess, without good reason just come off sounding like dicks......Most people can see that

9. You are rite brad chevyI am guilty to a point, but I never stated it as vulgar as others > just think it should be cleand up and that means ME TO. but there is a big diff between friken, bad ass, and the F word ... Let me ask you would you alow anyone to talk that way in front of your Wife or Daughter meaning the( f word ) I hope not..... John

10. Mark Fox

Mark Fox

How's about the avatar, I saw on a thread. It a penis in a jacket and tie. Whats that about!!! . I think thats more affensive than the F word. As John Mullen said his girls read this stuff.

11. Cruiser

Cruiser

I think the Alliance Vendor your talking about thinks it makes him cool with the younger crowd. Every other word out of his mouth seems to be f&@k, it does get a little tiring hearing and reading it. Ryan should put out the message to tone it down.

CRUISER :cool:

12. mike hohnstein

mike hohnstein
    BANNED
    from wisconsin

Uh it's spelled 'foul' language

13. I would hope that I would be asked to tone it down should I got that grafical. I'm Just sayin guys There is a diff between a bathing sute and outright nudity.one is axceptable and one is not. And the F word is not nor obsean avatars or any other over the top postings.

14. Thanks mike Ill tryn do better.

15. No intentions to rile anyone up here, just want to explain a few things.

People often think of forums as a public entity, and want to use the rules to their own best personal benefit. The fact is that forums aren't treated as an all hugs, abide by all government rules, and make everyone feel good. They are a club, and run as such.
    The rule is "No profanity in subject lines".

The bottom line is that the operators of ANY club can often let their rules become as lax as they feel, and things are usually handled on a case by case basis. I'm sure I know the vendor of which you are speaking, and I'm just fine with him talking however he wants. If it paints him in a negative way in your mind, that's your business. I'm sure that is something he has taken into consideration, and obviously made his decision. Having met him in person, it certainly doesn't do anything to detract from his character to me.

The ultimate ruling will come down to the owner/operator, and isn't really a matter of "free speech" or making people more comfortable. Bottom line is, it's his club. They put in the work, and they get to run it as they see fit. It took me awhile to realize that this is the way forums operate, and I'm on a number of forums that vary GREATLY on rules like this. I was honestly a little amazed when I first saw the language used on here, only because I had never seen one this way before. If I, or anyone else doesn't like it, we are all free to go start our own forum, and impose our own set of rules the way we like.

Sorry, but, that's the way of the world.

16. Listen bodi I'm not trying to start a fire hear ither. I didnt make the rules I just agreed to abide by them as stated in the pre regestration section .Maybe you should re read them yourself .I'm not against freedom of speach or anyones rights to it. or try to force my opinnions on the owner of this forum. its there rules not mine, its about pride and self conduct. my father often told me that my integrity was the only thing that no man could ever take from me but It could easly be given away if one so chose to do so. And may you be informed that this site is and can be viewed by the public without them being a member and with that said there is a responsability to conduct ones self acordingly

17. brad chevy

brad chevy

The forum is for cars,trucks,and such,not a pulpit for somebody to get everybody to behave in a manner that pleases them. Maybe another forum might be the solution to your problem. Theres lots out there.

18. the fact of the matter is .IF A MAN HAS NO RESPECT FOR HIMSELF HE WILL CERTINLY NEVER HAVE ANY FOR ANYONE OR ANYTHING .And that's just the way of the world too.....and for that i'm eternaly sorry.

19. Here are the rules as I have found them. If there are more, feel free to post them.

This forum, as most others using this same platform, have an ignore option. Maybe that would be your best option for those that you find reprehensible, or less than on par with your level of self conduct.

I, like many others, will continue to let the persons actions speak of their character over which curse word I find more offensive than another.

20. Last time I checked the HAMB wasn't a babysitter it's your responcibility to police what your kids read on the Internet , creating a thread to chastise us about our language just makes you a fuckin douche!

21. understood and noted !!!!

22. metalshapes

metalshapes

"No profanity in subject lines."

Thats it..

Those are the rules as far as profane language, as far as I'm aware.

I love it when people think they can equate the use of curse words to things that have absolutely nothing to do with it.

One of my early mentors when it came to automotive knowledge could make a sailor blush, because of the language he used.

In between those curse words there was a lot of usefull information, that I have benifitted from.

Fortunately nobody felt the need to silence him, and deprive me from that information...

( personally, I think that a diverse and varied vocabulary wouldt be complete without those words...)

Of course there will be Users that will be offended by certain HAMBers language.

Maybe the HAMB is not the right Site for those Users...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.