Register now to get rid of these ads!

Four weeks and counting down, 2nd HAMB tin bash BBQ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ELpolacko, Oct 17, 2003.

1. I got conformation from Tim Bernsau from Rod & Custom yesterday about being the last stop on the Ego Rama Tour. They had such a great time last year they want to come back, must have been those killer ribs!

Anywho, I asked before if any HAMB guys in bands would like to play at the party with absolutly no response so we will forgo the band. We will however try and do the Gold Fish Dragracing and we will be bashing some tin. I think we are going to make a louvered rear roll pan for my dads chaneled A coupe. That is unless we come up with a better idea, any suggestions?

Time: after 3-4 pm
    When: November 15, Saturday
    Where: Industrial Chassis Inc. 3536 W Osborn #5 Phoenix Arizona 85019

How to contact for your RSVP: call 602-278-6800 or Email me at [email protected]

2. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

This is great, I had heard that the party might not happen. I was going to try to fill some trim holes on the Ford here shortly, if you want, I can save them. More than likely, I'll get too lazy and not do it anyway, so the option might be there anyway. [​IMG]

3. Man things drop off fast,

BTTT

4. jerry

jerry

chop an A sedan?

jerry

5. GreggAz

GreggAz

Come on guys, other than jerry and Deyo, and the egorama people, if you are gonna come, and want in on the food you gotta RSVP, Looks like we will have more people this time, and need to only feed those who RSVP. no more people walking in from across the street for the free food!

So who is going to the Scottsdale GoodGuys?

6. Mike

Mike

I'll be there fer sure, you betcha!

7. Not much interest it seems.

I really need to know how many people are coming in order to plan this. Last year we had over 80 people show up and everyone had a great time and great food. I would like to do the same again or better, lets see the ideas flow and gather some interest. Remember folks I would like to keep the project scope under the four hour time frame. That is of course unless we get some heavy hitters want to turn this into a big deal with a two day commitment.

[​IMG]

8. Mike

Mike

One thing to remember is that a good number of last year's attendees were local non-HAMB guys, but still, I would expect more of a response here.

We definately must put the word out here locally also, I know there is a lot of intrest in this around here. I know several local guys who were bummed about last year's deal because they didn't hear about it until afterward and missed out.

9. MilesM

MilesM

BTTT I am in. Had a great time last year. Thanks for doin it again.
    MM

10. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

Wasn't Radshit planning on making the trek?

11. jerry

jerry

radshit had better make it here!

i got no need for a ford short block.

jerrt

12. GreggAz

GreggAz

just talked to the guys closer to the border... they will all be up here this year and they wont leave before the party!

13. Mike

Mike

BTTT

This deal happens this Saturday, folks. Who's a comin'?

14. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

Me and Camille will be there for sure. We can make some side panels for my Triumph, to cover the battery or make some rear sets or different pegs for it. Would be something different than stupid ol' car shit [​IMG]
    -Jesse

15. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

R.S.V.P me ..though i don't eat that much i will be there . [​IMG] Wait can i bring my own specially trained gold fish [​IMG].I think the dogs will be well fed !

16. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

17. river1

river1

BTTT with a count me in too!

later jim

18. as 55 Sarfi said myself and Metalshapes are coming up with a 28 roadster and super slammed 60 ford truck. My 32 is not going to make it this year. Will park in the back lot misfits area at the show.

19. Ok, here is the update.

No RSVP's so we are just taking a wild guess at how many will show up. We have briskets, chicken, burgers and dogs.

My Russian neighbors are opening their half of the building and are bringing in some vintage race cars, mostly Alfa Romeos and Ferraris. He is supplying the drinks and additional parking.

The gold fish drag racing looks like it will have to wait. We have been doing some remodeling and serious clean up all week, we created a lobby area and built a few new tables to display stuff on. Plus it hides my friends funiture building junk, belive me it looks like a bomb went off in there and it was the first thing you saw. Not good for business so I had to it.

Instead one of our local guys, T-bucket Rick (hotrod hef)is doing his damndest to round up a band to play for us.

I should have a full size NASCAR racing simulator on had for everyone to play with.

The EGO-RAMA guys made an emergency visit to fix the rear end in the 55 Chevy gasser, blew the spider gears up. Jerry stepped up with a loaner diff so he can get back home. This guys set up was pretty cool, it is an Olds rear with a Chrysler tracklock diff with minor machining to make it a bolt in.

Got news about Don Dillard, I don't know if anyone knows here but he got hurt and messed up his car. He will be OK but has to be flat on his back for a few days. Neutral saftey switches arent just for gold chainers anymore!

20. What happened? Will he be at the show? is there anything us as hambers can for him or the car?

21. He is off the tour,

he apparantly reached into the car to start it. Once it fired it carried him back into a block wall and slammed him to the ground. Don't know if there is anything we can do at this point but to wish him our best.

22. jerry

jerry

SHIT!!!!

thats hard to hear about don. hoping it's not too bad.

jerry

23. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

WOW , don take care and best wishes !
    steve sounds like a don't miss chin ding fer sure ! Thanks for playing host again this year .

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

THATS AWFUL! I feel so bad for him. My thoughts are with him [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

25. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

Steve, in case you read this...

Rick was trying to get in touch with a couple of bands and alot of the members are busy, he says that if the bassist from the Madcaps can make it, that band will show up. He is waiting to hear if she is available.

26. Thanks Deyo, I talked to him yesterday and said he was going to do his damnedest to get a band to show.

Should be a good time!

27. metalshapes

metalshapes

ElP and every body at IC, thanks!
    I had a great time.
    I even got to repair my car in your parking lot, I knew I was going to be OK with the offers of Trailers or to leave it there overnight.
    We all made it home alright. thanks again.

28. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

I had a great time, oh and that brisket was awsome!!
    -Jesse