Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found utopia last week

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Jddjr, Aug 18, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Don't believe it

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Jddjr

Jddjr

I was recently in a place called lefargeville NY. I saw a little hand made wooden sign for antique parts and cars for sale. I had just replaced the radiator in my 32 Plymouth hot rod when I replaced the 327 with a 451 stroker and didnt want to throw away the old one. It had a small leak but was still good for the right guy who could braze it. Anyway, I pulled into this guys drive away and out walks this 80 year old guy with a young sidekick. He said he had just the car for that radiator. He then offered to show me around. I was amazed. This guy had almost 100 cars from 1929 to 1955 in varying shades of completeness. He had a complete machine shop where he does his own builds too. He was building a 409 Chevy motor with offset quads. He was in the midst of fabricating a progressive linkage setup. I could go on forever but one standout was a 1955 Chevy convertible with a blue canvas top. A one of a kind original. There's even trailers full of the wood frames for these cars and each trailer is marked for that year and make. This guy has been collecting and building cars since the 60s and has never made a profit. What he makes he then spends on more parts or cars. He told me that he's been buying other people's incomplete projects and then collecting the parts to complete it. Not that he completes it, just that he has the parts to do that if he wants.

2. You know what they say,,......without pictures:D;)

KJSR and Max Gearhead like this.