Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Found this, what will it fit on?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WB69, Apr 3, 2019.

1. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Picked up this flathead Sharp LR2 intake. The gentleman didn't know what it fit on. Neither do I. Can someone enlighten me, please. Possibly what years or specific engine.

Attached Files:

2. That will fit an 8BA Ford flathead. 1949 to 1953. That's a cool intake. Love to have one of those to add to my collection.

patmanta likes this.
  3. All '32-53 221-239-255 manifolds will bolt up across the board. Late flatheads did not use all the bolt holes, but what they used fit the old pattern. Late ones also lack locating studs, leaving port match a bit wonky but not blocking anything. Late FP rod is bigger than early...but tapping in early bushing fixes that. Other way, just use early FP stand and stuff, if more options needed very minor pump hacking will do all you need.
    Problem areas: You will have to select a compatible FP pushrod and stand combo...nothing difficult involved, just consult a lunatic like me. Early manifold might hit late front vent pipe in valley...swap pipes or shave a tad off the top.
    '35-48 blocks vent at bottom, late vent through front of manifold, PCV is best fix as it is an actual improvement over old style venting.
    There aren't any problems really requiring machine work or specialized help, just a matter of stacking up compatible accessories.

This is from Bruce Lancaster who is the resident Flathead guru. HRP

Flathead Dave, Texas Webb and scott27 like this.
  4. Budget36

Budget36

I'd read your whole reply thinking "Dang, Danny sounds just like Bruce":)

razoo lew, Tim, clem and 2 others like this.

5. BJR

BJR

He's a Bruce impersonator!:p

54vicky and GordonC like this.
  6. That will fit on my 50 Shoebox.
    239 8BA.
    I can PM you my address if you want...…...