Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Found this out in Nowhere!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny C., May 4, 2009.

1. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

I found this out in the middle of nowhere in some hills. I was able to just load it up and bring it home. Here is what I think I know about it but help me out here guys and give me more information.
    26-27 Model T Roadster?
    Where can I get some rear fenders and rear sheetmetal?
    Let me know what you think and the best way to build it up, I am not very familiar with Model T's mostly Model A's. I am lookin to do something really traditional 40's/50's style with it.

Attached Files:

2. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

That nowhere was someones property!

3. bring my roadster back and stay off my property !

4. srdart67

srdart67
    from Sharon, Wi

your story sounds suspicious.. or stolen:( hate to be the guy lookin for that right about now

5. jambottle

jambottle

build this

Attached Files:

6. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

I like where your going with it.

7. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Hey me too.... I found this old roadster in the middle of nowhere, All I had to do was connect two wires and drive it home. Crazy huh?
    [​IMG]

8. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Hmmmmm...i would at least find whos property that is and get ahold of them before i just take it...

9. rick finch

rick finch

Pretty cool find Bobby........any more like that out there?:rolleyes:

10. NCrod

NCrod

Fug it ....take the sh*t and run! :D:D

11. converseandbowlingshirts

converseandbowlingshirts
    from Eugene, OR

"I was savin' it to restore it someday"

Erase your post, then repost telling us all about how you got it for only $1245 off of Craigslist!

12. That's it..."Hmmm, I like that. I think I'll just load it up and take it home. No one is around. No one is using it. The land owner will never miss it! Cool! A free Ford RPU!"

Neat find, but you are a dumbass for stealing it.

13. Title search the land and go offer to buy the car. You may be surprised. But don't just take it.

14. butch27

butch27

Yeah: I got snake bit by a couple of snakes trying to just take a Crosley drag car with a 348" in it. BUT someone DID just take it.

15. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Alright, time to clear up the air here. I didn't steal it but it was free for me to take if I wanted it. It was out in the hills on a large property that I manage and the owner said I could have any old junk that I found on the property so I found this out in the middle of nowhere and loaded it up. No thieving going on around here but I do have to keep other people from stealing off the property. Like I said I am the Manager and Caretaker of the property.
    With that B.S. cleared up tell me more about this Model T and give me some more ideas of what to do with it and where to find rear body panels.
    Thanks guys and glad for your concern but everything is on the up and up here.

16. SHRUM

SHRUM

I know CASH for CLUNKERS!!!!

17. alchemy

alchemy

That's the front half of a roadster. It's the easy part. The roadster rear quarters are gonna be WAY harder to find.

18. atomickustom

atomickustom

It's a roadster PICKUP, isn't it?
    I don't know that era very well, either, but that sure looks like a truck bed should go right in the back there?
    In any case, nice going on the freebie and if you decide you don't want it I'll take it. Heck, all I need is just a cowl!

19. Or put a pickup box on it!

20. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

well, you can track down a turtle deck or a rear touring section for it, put it on a model a chassis with a four banger...

or you could cut up the sub frame and make a nice little modified body of it and make a nice little frame for it with a four banger...

or put a bed on it and use it as an rpu and put it on a model a chassis with a four banger in it...

21. flynstone

flynstone

looks to me all you need is a turtle deck,(by the way, hard to find)or a 26/27 bed thats how it was ln 26/27 interchangeble (hope i spelled it wrong for all you premadonas) they just unbolt mine was a truck but is now a roadster

22. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

In '26-'27, the turtle deck or p/u bed bolted on and were interchangable, so it could be either. the only difference was acouple of ribs pressed in the seat back panel. Yours does look like a roadster p/u if memory is correct. Down here in the southwest p/u beds seem to be an easier find than turtledecks, and i've found a couple in the last few years fairly inexpensively. The rest of the sheetmetal is available as repro through several sources. But i've got to admit, I'm with JAMBOTTLE on this one, modifieds are bitchin !

23. 54belair pusher

54belair pusher
    from cincinnati

ok here is a finders keepers story if you find something like this and the owner isnt taking care of it, you have the right to keep it! goodluck with your project!!

24. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

I must agree JAMBOTTLE this is a sweet modified T. Besides I could build this one in a short amount of time. I have a Flathead motor and trans all ready to go. It could be cool for something a little different.
    Is a Flathead the way to go?
    Everything I read says that it is best to put a T on an A frame, what do you guys think? Or should I just build a frame for it?
    Thanks again for the input and info.

[​IMG]

25. Since your initial post on this was in no way clear about exactly how you got this car, it shouldn't be a surprise why you were jumped on about it.

26. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

I know I wasn't clear (sorry about that) and I don't want to ruffle any feathers here so that is why I just wanted to move on with the discussion after explaining things better. I mean no disrespect and I can handle critisism, no problem. I just want to have fun finding out about this new project of mine and get some cool ideas. It is all good and just fun here.

27. Hakoval Traedz

Hakoval Traedz

Personal opinion: Pop's bucket is perfect!

28. greaser

greaser

That roadster originally had a turtle deck on it.

29. If it has a working door on passenger side only, it's a '26. If there is a functional driver's door, it's a '27. Henry resisted a working door on driver's side as long as he could, believing that for safety reasons one should get in and out on the passenger side away from traffic.

30. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

That great information that I didn't know. I will check it out. I think it has working doors on both sides but I will look again to make sure. Thanks.