Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Found this if anyone wants a cheap car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Leon Sandcastle, Oct 13, 2017.

1. I was cruising the classifieds on Craigslist the other day and came across this falcon blown apart with title and parts to finish for $675! I don't have the funds for it, so I figured I'd share it. I like the fact that the front end is solid, including the shock towers. The seller seems honest and is quick to respond to any questions.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

clunker and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. No linkie?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. low down A

low down A

cheap cars are easy to find. It's the ten thousand it takes to get them roadworthy that's more of the problem.

Squablow, AHotRod, rhtfo and 6 others like this.
  4. columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/1962-falcon-four-door/6311946095.html

pat59 and chryslerfan55 like this.

5. Sorry.... he said he has all the parts for the mechanical aspect, and even if it's a parts car, I'd say it's not a bad deal. I just don't have the funds.

6. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Unfortunately there isn't much demand for a 4 door Falcon. Probably the least desirable of all the Falcons. Not surprised at the price when you consider the above plus the fact it is all apart.

7. I wasn't arguing that fact, I just figured maybe someone needed possibly a parts car, and a cheap one at that.

6inarow and slim38 like this.
  8. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Tough crowd.

hotrodharry2, 6inarow and slim38 like this.
  9. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

True. Would be a good parts car.

10. ..convert it to a tudor...?

Leon Sandcastle likes this.
  11. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Stuff a 500'' Cad in it.

12. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

13. Max Gearhead and Leon Sandcastle like this.
  14. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Looks like he may have some more interesting stuff around (note spoke wheel on straight axle, frames??? ect.)
    Glad to see someone try and share a deal, ya dont see to many these days, or I dont in my opinion anyway.
    Thanks
    upload_2017-10-13_16-21-55.jpeg

Leon Sandcastle likes this.
  15. I talked to the seller today, and he said that he has stuff from all kinds of cars, model t frames, axles, engine blocks and transmission parts. He has some wheels, but not that many. He bought most of the stuff years ago and has a family now so he is trying to free up money for the wife and kids. Seems like a nice enough guy.

16. Hutkikz

Hutkikz

17. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I think a cheap car thread would be a good idea until guys started posting there own overpriced crap and flippers jumped on all the ones that were actually good deals, Then we would be back to square one:(......but it might be fun to watch regardless:D

Leon Sandcastle and Mike Miller like this.
  18. A cheap cars for sale thread would be great.... keep it to a max of like $3000. I think it could help some of the younger guys get into the hobby inexpensively.

19. It looks like he updated the ad.... looks like he put the fron end together at least so it can get on and off a trailer. I mean he looks like he is motivated.

Sent from my SM-N950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app