Register now to get rid of these ads!

History FOUND!!!!!!! Stolen roadster Bakersfield,Ca October 26th 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Weeks46, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Marv64

Marv64

I wander if some of his family had Chip Foose steal it for rebuild on his show?

2. S.F.

S.F.

dang it....now stock model A's arent even safe?

3. Ghost28

Ghost28

Then that would be commiting two crimes. I really hope they find the car and the thieves..

4. cheveey57

cheveey57

Damm shame, I hope they get her back...

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

6. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Mods can a Stolen vehicle report be posted to all Ryans web sites somehow?This should for sure go on Fordbarn but it would be great if all the sites knew about this.Same for a stolen bike if posted on JJ let us all be able to keep an eye out for them

7. Heres the story that aired on the news last night, this really is a shame and I hope all your help pays off with the recovery. AR model A(s) have unique things about them, no door handles exterior wise, brake handle is on the left side of the car instead of center, wheels are specific, radius rods are way smaller in diameter where they meet the backing plates. Just some things to look for if it gets parted. Frames are unique too because the front crossmember has tabs for the engine to mount solid to the crossmember. Keeping the faith it will be found!-Weeks

News Story link below.

http://www.kget.com/news/local/story/Model-A-Ford-stolen-from-garage/MDUxGZ2650mDa2ibWfPQRA.cspx

8. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

good luck for this couple, really sucks!

9. 1927Tudor

1927Tudor

some douchebag is out there right now showing his buddies his "barn find" body for his project... keep spreading the word, this guy needs punishment...

10. nickk

nickk

wow thats a sad story

11. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Post a link for the first page of this post on your Facebooks, those who have em. Make the post public.

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm afraid that scenario is all too true.

13. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

this is bullshit for this to happened to this couple i new a old timer that was in the modal A club and that car meant everything to him and his wife. they would work on it together to always have it running tip top for one of the runs.we really need to get the word out and try to help this couple get there car back

14. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Back up top - hope it's found in tact

15. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

Already done.

16. delaware1930

delaware1930
    from Delaware

Long way from here but will keep my eyes open .

17. Keeping a look out as well, I missed the story on the news but have the info now and will be spreading it out around town. They took the hindges off the garage to get to it so they knew it was there. So some one has been watching it for a while, and knew the owners were gone for the thieves to be so bold. Hoping for a speedy recovery of the car.

18. trad27

trad27

keeping my eyes out here in oildale...

19. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

that news story makes me want to cry. This world is so full of scumbags. Here's an upstanding elderly man who served this country in the great war, cared for his family, and had so much pride in that car and the memories made in it.....and now these scumbags have torn one of his most prized posessions from him. I pray to God that this car is found for this very humble man.

20. chopper cliff

chopper cliff
    from lodi ca

to add to my previous post, yes AR's are very different, either sombody knew the difference or yeah it's sombody's barn find, heres the kicker not many theives know how to start a stock model A, who ever took it knows about the quirks of the "A", and how to start it w/o running the battery down, I say look for another restorer type with an axe to grind, or swap meet type replacing his stock for the upcoming season, 1 more thing, ever driven a car with mechanical brakes???????

21. chopper cliff

chopper cliff
    from lodi ca

to add, maybe sombody needed AR parts for his/her Ar, they are extremly hard to find!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they show up on e-bay or craigslist, or at a swapmeet not many people would know what they are looking at, I think sombody knew

22. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

How does someone remove hinges, pull out the car, get it loaded into a trailer (or drive it away) without SOMEONE seeing all this going on?? :confused: If I were his neighbor or passing by in a car I would be suspicious. Plus, the thieves had to park their car or truck nearby and spend time doing all of this.

The thieves knew that car was there and what they were after.

Don

23. roughneck424

roughneck424

I'm guessing some F*#&ing Tweaker that don't know the difference in a Model "A" and a Hole in Ground!!!
    Saw the car in the driveway sometime and knew it was in the garage.
    Probley not sure what their gonna do with it now that they got it.:mad:
    To say, I hope they catch em, is good. But as usual they will just slap their hand.
    Like mentioned need to just HANG Em High!

24. Weasel

Weasel

Bump - mods this deserves a sticky please....

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'll second that idea.

26. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I'll keep eye out here and hope they get it back. I hate thieves of all kinds.

27. watching in Oregon

28. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Obviously the thieves knew that the car was there and the garage might be out of view from the street or neighbors. That and it doesn't take much effort to unscrew a few screws out a pair of strap hinges if it had swing open doors on the garage like a lot of old garages have. And all too often way too many people know too much about our activities or when we are at home or away.

29. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

30. The family lives in a pretty rough area of town. Lots of salvage yards nearby along with some other sketchy things going on in that area of town. I used to work down there all the time while in college at night and it was an area most of the people I worked with would make sure they carried their guns with them when out of their cars. I talked to a few people tonight at our weekly sonic cruise night and the car clubs are getting notified through word of mouth and the Hamb, thank you all again for the help. No one I know locally is restoring an AR model A right now, most of the model A(s) here in the valley are known and parts are bought mainly from only one restorer locally who will be real keen to someone showing up with parts or questions. I have had an interest in model A history and know a bit of what to look for AR wise and personally will be scouring local swapmeets and online ads for the car.-Weeks