Register now to get rid of these ads!

found some wheels.... what are they?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldskool55, Aug 17, 2005.

1. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

i was in ventura lookin for some riding spots and i found these at the city yards dump... what are they? are the worth keeping or should i just re dump them?

edit- theyre 18"s and the tires are 4 ply fire stones... theyre pretty damn heavy too

Attached Files:

2. With the set up of the lugs holding the rim onto the centers they appear to be from some old truck or heavy equipment and from the bearing set up I'd say they're fronts.

Question is, what would you ever use them for and can you make them work? 18" is pretty danged tall and then with tires mounted... perhaps to give a T some real rake?

Maybe you could build some gigantic chopper with 'em ala the Blastolene Special but a cycle.

3. hotrod34

hotrod34

They look like 1929 Chevy Rims.

4. I would say '28.

'29 were 19" or 20", and they are six stud, the wheel you posted looks to be spindle mounted.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

They are odd, most demountable rims use 4 or 6 lugs to hold the rim and wheel together, the 5 are very unusual.

6. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

I have no idea what they are from or what you could do with them, but I'm glad you saved them from the trash :D

They are perfect for something, we just havn't figured out what yet!

7. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

i was thinkin about buildin an f100 rpu around them

8. The firestones look pretty good in the first pic, A restorer would probably buy them of you ,no questions asked.

9. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

how do i get it off the rim?

10. Plowboy

Plowboy

They look like split rim wheels, notoriously called widow makers for their ability to kill when the snap ring breaks or doesn't seat. Usually you run a chain through the wheel when airing them up. Since they are solid...????. I believe there was a reason they were in the dump.

11. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

I'd say they were farm implament rims...

Maybe off of something that would be pulled behind a tractor.

Thresher? Or something.

12. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

well i threw them away cause they were making my truck ride funny