Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found: phantom wrecking yard.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordnutz, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Heard about this place out in the sticks. A couple of hours from MooseJaw. Some guy was supposed to have a lot of cars. Found it. Due to the location he does have a ton of cars. He says everything is for sale. Haven't queried him on prices of a few I want. He is a scrap dealer. Took me and the wife 2 hours to walk thru here and we didn't see it all. Got to go back. Pat.
    http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/fordnutz/metal%20salvage yard
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sawracer

Sawracer
    from socal

Model A in a junkyard, imagine that. Totally cool, I hope you score big.

3. I'll take the grille out of that Desoto...

4. Crankhole

Crankhole

If he still has those things in his yard, he must be asking too much. Otherwise, it would be long gone.

5. screwball

screwball

go back now get more pics now find pricing please.

6. This is not a wrecking yard. He is a scrap metal dealer in the middle of nowhere. He cleans up farms and hauls away old metal scrap. That is why the cars are there. I am working on prices for some complete cars. Pat.

7. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Man some of those grilles look pretty good. How far into Canada is this junk yard? I'd love to go there.

8. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

I dig that Mercury grill in the 42-47 truck. It's looks beats the pants off of the US Ford version.

9. Taff

Taff

fordnutz, is it this one?

http://www.stovebolt.com/features/sagas/rosielle/index.html

if so, it's been going a long time (as judged from the model A of course!!) I was working in Medicine Hat for a while in the mid 90's and had a chance to walk around the place. Nice guy as well, as I recall.

10. Flynn's_57

Flynn's_57
    from Nor*Cal

Oh WOW!! That's an incredible find, I always wonder what happens to all the old stuff "no one wants", especially when they're from places "no one's from". It's nice to see not every thing's gotten recycled.
    It's amazing the stuff you find in remote area's.
    How's the rust on 'em??

It cracks me up that there's some "newer" looking truck missing it's grill, but the desoto's still rockin' the one it's got-

11. Taff, no that is not the yard. That is Gary Ledine's place in Alberta. I am in Saskatchewan. I heard something about Ledine's being cleared out. Maybe someone knows more. Pat.

12. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Holy crap, a Mercury grain truck!

13. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Damn, some of that stuff is enough to break your heart. I either never have the time or the money to get to places like that, course all the do gooders around here have thrown shit fits until everybody cleaned up everything and ya have to travel a long ways to find it

14. El Gordo

El Gordo

He should clean out all the crap - combines , modern cars, and general scrap - and line up all the cool old cars and charge admission just to wander around. It would be better than Disneyland:D

15. El Gordo

El Gordo

Google map says:
    2,682 km – about 1 day 4 hours from
    Charleston, WV to Moose Jaw Saskatchewan
    and add a couple more hours to get "out in the sticks"

16. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What is this thing with side window frames but no roof?
    [​IMG]

17. That thing with no roof should be a 56 Meteor. I think Pat has been snooping pretty close to my back yard........

18. Charlie DeLong

Charlie DeLong

I would pay to see this place. Hell, I want a job there. is he hiring?

19. Nailhead

Nailhead

Yeah ! Let us know. If he's reasonable I'm sure a lot of those cars would go to good homes. There's a yard similar to that in Gibbons, Aerotique, but he wants an arm and aleg for his stuff. I spied a '57 Savoy 2 door hardtop there, flat 6, sitting on it's belly rusted halfway up the doors, gutted interior and he wanted $2,500. I passed, and bought a running, complete '60 Coupe Deville for the same money. If this guy isn't nuts with his prices, it may worth a trip out there to pick something up to do down the road after I finish the Riv. I've got a Buick, so now I need a Chev, Pontiac, Olds and a Caddy !!:rolleyes: Oh, and maybe an old Ford or two as well......... I wish.............

Todd

20. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

You might look at the old combines for model A engines. I got an overhead valve for a banger motor from a Gleaner combine way back when. Would like to have another.

21. essexrat

essexrat

Which way from MooseJaw is he? I'm quite familiar with the area...Thanx