Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found in a Yard

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LoneSpar, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneSpar

LoneSpar
    from Pacific NW

The other day i spotted this 55 Nomad sitting in a yard. I went back today with a camera and snapped these pics. It's a shame to see it rotting away, and the owner will not sell it!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. slammed

slammed

S'om beach! Man, this is a shame. Well, keep after him. Maybe he'll sell someday.

3. Did you get permission to take pictures and to post them on the internet. I don't ever take pictures of anyones stuff unless I ask, and I would not post them to the internet . just my 2 cents worth

4. How much money did you actually take out of your wallet and show to the owner? That is the question that needs to be answered. Amazing what cold crisp 100 dollar bills will do. If you want it step up.

5. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

If it's in public view, or even if you can view it from your private peoperty, then it's public domain.
    True, you should ask, but at the end of the day, the owner cant do anything about it. If he/she dont want anyone to see it, it's their responsability to cover it up.

If there was a legal issue with something like that, then most of the pictures in "celebrity spy" magazines would be illegal.

6. Jake H.

Jake H.

I know where there is a '57 Nomad that just sits outside, under a tarp.

Shame is that it has sat in a driveway, in front of a two-car garage, for well over 16 years, since I first spotted it.

There must be one hell of a nice pair of cars in that garage (probably a bunch of boxes and junk, though).

I was tempted to wave a wad of cash at the owner, when I had it, but I discovered my '39 Tudor through a friend, instead.

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

yep one of them "common" Nomads is sitting out in Stockton, CA just to rot. plenty of potentially great cars only matter to those that care to save 'em. all can not be saved.

8. Soreback

Soreback

I think this car is the same one I've seen for over 30 years rotting away near my work, along with a couple of others the guy has. Sad........... When I ask if it was for sale way back when it was mostly all there. And the answer was "NOT FOR SALE" then too. That guy must want to use it as a coffin.

9. yeah but if the current owner happens to see these pics that will pretty much destroy any chance he would have had to actually buy the car(i make it a personal rule to ask before i take pics of pretty much anything, you know how ppl can get.)

10. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

That's a good one there , I like that , I think , if you don't mind , I would like to use that line....:D

11. Why would he sell it to you, when he is going to fix it up someday;)

12. REBEL43

REBEL43
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from TENNESSEE

Watched a 32 ford pickup for about 12 yrs rot away. Couple old ladys would not sell because it had belonged to their dad.

13. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

ah yes, that great thing we all like to hear, " im gonna restore it someday" and you'll get the enjoyment of watching it sink into the ground like a rusty titanic. sickening!

14. Paul

Paul
    Editor

doesn't bother me, after all it's not mine.

I mean, why cry about someone else's spilled milk?

15. Taking and posting pictures without asking? The legallity of doing so isnt the question. Its about respect. Just because the owner is doing something or not doing something that you disagree with. That doesent make it Ok to post pictures without asking. I could care less about the Nomad It isnt mine. would you care if i was a toyota? OldWolf

16. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Talk to Google Earth about that, I don't rmeember them asking me if they could post my house on the net.

17. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Some of these people dont want to sell stuff to someone who stops by wanting (them) to price it,if you really want somthing that normally wouldnt be for sale,Do your home work and offer them every penny its worth, If they dont take it then you can say nothing lost, nothing gained, because if it cant be bought for a fair price it may as well be the nice already built car that is also out of your price range.

I like to get a bargain as well as anyone but dont curse the owner for not wanting to play your game of getting his old car cheap,I think some of these older people would rather have some sort of dignity by keeping something like that rather than taking the chance of being made a fool by selling it too cheap.

Not pointing at anyone by saying this,just saying:rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  18. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

well said

19. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Hell , you don't want it , it ain't got doors.

20. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Would you have posted if it had been a toyota?:D
    I bet this thread would have shot to three pages just before getting closed:D

21. Stink63

Stink63
    from coumbus,Oh

items on private property that can be seen without the aid of "adaptive" devices or general terms, can be seen by anyone without climbing a fence or poking over a wall have no general expectation of privacy. You can take pictures of anything you want from a public roadway.

22. But, of course, it's different when a big multi-national compnay does it.

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have to agree, a constant stream of wannnabees and mouthbreathers asking if the car is for sale or low ballers wanting it for little of nothing really turns a guy off. Asking if they would sell it for cash green money today and offering an honest price for the car might just buy it. That is how the guy bought my 51 Merc a few years ago. He made the offer and along with it being more than I thought the car was worth and catching me when I needed the cash he had the cash then and there with no be backs or waiting.

24. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

What a load of Bull Shit. Lonespar just wanted to show the HAMB some rare car sitting out side rotting away. I say NO PERMISSION needed it is out in plain sight, like a lot of other Turds laying around out there. :D

25. roughneck424

roughneck424

Yeah and my garage door was open the day they drove by my house:)

26. I'll bet the guy didn't know lost.

27. badshifter

badshifter

Using your logic, there would be almost no pictures of anything available, let alone cars. According to you, the stash pictures of vintage hot rods, customs and lakes cars I found at an estate sale are off limits to show because I didn't take them, and I don't have permission to show them.

If you don't want it seen, don't have it on display (I know it's not on display, just a saying). If the nomad guy really is bothered by all the attention, 20 bucks for a blue tarp makes the problem go away. The Toyota comment is useless in this thread.

It's his Nomad, he can hit it every day with a hammer. Nothing I can do will make it mine.

28. seatex

seatex

Well said!

29. Seeing how there is no indication in the post as to exactly where the car is I don't see anything to bitch about. Anybody that recognizes the car already knows it's exact location.....

30. I wouldn't argue with this post seeing as how the post count at this time is 666......:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.